Chapter 29: THE S-CLASS TRIALS

The scene starts in an unknown location, where a man was sitting down and reading a letter.

"Hello, Master.

I know it's been a long time since we've spoken, but I hope you're doing well. Anyway, I'm reaching out to you for more than just catching up. I recently came back from the 100 Year Quest, which unfortunately didn't work out so well. As a student, I apologize for bringing shame to your name. But, when I returned back to the Fairy Tail guild, Master Makarov requested for your help.

We have a young wizard with us with an extraordinary power. His name's Oswald Ackerman, an Atomic Kaiju Slayer. He's around 8 years old, but his magic is extremely powerful. In fact, I'd go so far as to say it's far greater than mine. However, it's also very dangerous for the kid. He's had incidents where he pushed his magic limits too far. So much to the point he's nearly suffered from serious injuries.

I know you only pick students that peak your interests, as well as ones you see with the greatest potential, but, as a student, I'm asking you to at least consider giving him a little guidance. I'll be heading out with the guild for the S-Class Trials, so I hope to hear from you afterwards.

Until then, keep well, master.

— Your student,
Gildarts Clive"

The man finishes the letter and then he stands up while looking out at the world around him.

???: So, it took one deadbeat dad dumping his kid onto another deadbeat dad like you to reach out, huh, Clive? Everything's turning out just like how you told me it would. Well, I guess I'll have to play my part like your mate said so, you old dinosaur.

*FAIRY TAIL*

Meanwhile back at the guildhall, the gang were hanging out and having fun. Apparently, there was even time for solo missions as a lot of people were taking various jobs. According to Mirajane, it was around that time of year because one of the guild's biggest events of the year.

Lisanna was adjusting well back in the guild, after she had to go through the legal process of no longer being marked as dead, of course. And she watches in amusement with Oswald lifting a dumbbell in one hand and drawing with the other.

Lisanna: Wow, you've definitely gotten stronger, Os.

Oswald: Yep. My Dad always told me to work out everyday to keep my strength and muscles intact. And I'm getting better at my magic, too.

Wendy: Yeah, you should've seen it when he fought Biollante in Nirvana. I had never seen anything like it.

Oswald: (offers the dumbbell) Do you guys wanna try it?

The girls look at it and see it's around 300 pounds.

Lisanna and Wendy: (sweat drops) Uh, we're good.

Oswald: Okay.

He casually tosses it behind his shoulder and it lands on the ground hard enough to make a hole in the floor.

Oswald: Oops.

*TIMESKIP*

The next day, almost every member of the guild was gathered in the main hall to hear what the event was

Oswald: (eating hamburger steak) Wow. I rarely see just about everyone here.

Pantherlily: What's all the commotion about?

Gajeel: Beats me.

Wendy: I think the master is gonna tell us about something big happening.

Carla: Can't say I'm excited.