Chapter 31: FIRE DRAGON VS FLAME GOD

The scene picks up with Makarov still stunned at seeing his old master leading a dark guild.

Makarov: I don't believe it. Why, master?

The man doesn't answer but fires a couple chains at him, throwing him around and soon forcing him to the ground and back to his normal size. Makarov recovers as Hades lands down to fight him.

Makarov: I see you've traded in your ideals for a darker robe.

Hades: After all these years, you still view the world in black and white. I'd hope becoming guild master would broaden that narrow view of yours.

Makarov: Forgive me if I don't give a damn. I may have a narrow field of vision, but I see my enemies clearly.

Hades: (laughs) At least you learned how to talk the talk while I've been away, boy.

Makarov: I always hated that nickname. In fact, I wanted to deck you every time you used it. But I have no desire to fight you now. Leave before we do something drastic.

Hades: Though it pains me to do so, my path is all too clear at this point. It would seem fate has chosen me as the instrument of Fairy Tail's destruction. Just as fate has chosen the Atomic Kaiju Slayer as humanity's destruction.

Makarov: (releases magic aura) But first, you'll have to go through me!

Hades: (releases magic aura) If you wish to throw your life away, boy, so be it.

They stand facing off for a bit with their auras spiking for a little while. They soon die down and began attacking.

Makarov: Purge the Darkness, O Rain of Light!

A magic circle appears and he fires multiple beams.

Hades: That won't be enough, Makarov. (Creates a shield) Swallow the Light, O Shadow of Eternal Darkness!

His spell absorbs Makarov's and redirects it back to him. He barely dodges and prepares another attack. However, Hades casts a powerful spell immediately and fires it at Makarov. Makarov barely blocks it when he's grabbed by a chain and thrown around. Once recovered, Hades prepares a final attack on him.

Makarov: Maximum Defense Magic Circle. Three Pillar Gods!

Hades: Amaterasu Formula 100.

*BOOM!!*

In the blink of an eye, a large explosion goes off and nearly wipes out the section Makarov was at. Over with Oswald's group, they felt the explosion and hoped no one got hurt. They kept fighting the soldiers. At the same time, everyone else kept battling more soldiers, and none of them haven't encountered any of the major threats.

*???*

With the man from before, he was sitting down and contemplating everything that's happening around him.

???'s Thoughts: The fighting never ends. Nothing ever changes. Is it impossible for existence to move forward without violence? Is it so intrinsic? What will it take to end the conflict occurring now? Can there ever be peace? Or is death the only way?

*MAKAROV*

With the master, he was standing, but very weakened from that attack.

Hades: I'd expect no less from my successor. It's no surprise you've held the guild together for 48 years.

Makarov suddenly grabs his chest in pain as he felt he was having a heart attack.

Hades: Hm? What is it, boy? Are you not feeling well? I guess the years are catching up with you. Nearly half a century has passed since we parted ways. Does fate intend to bring us full circle on this lonely and venerated ground?