7.The Pull of the Billionaire: Bella's Conflicted Heart

Bella's POV:

I'm sprawled on my bed, flipping through the newspaper, and of course, the first thing that catches my eye is an article about William. It's always about William lately—his name seems to be everywhere, and this morning is no different. The headline screams: "The Man of the City: Billionaire Arjun, The Most Eligible Bachelor in Town!" I roll my eyes as I read through the piece, which goes on and on about how model-like he looks, how all the girls are falling over themselves to date him, and how every businessman is envious of his success. They make him sound like some kind of urban legend.

I can't help but let out a frustrated sigh. I grab my phone and text my best friend, Tessa. We've been friends forever, even though we met just 5 years ago after I joined the office. and she's the only one who understands my endless rants and chaotic thoughts. I know she'll get a kick out of this.

A few minutes later, my phone buzzes with her reply. "Meet me at our favorite café in 10. I'm already dying to hear what's got you all worked up this time!"

I head to the café, where Tessa is already waiting with a huge grin on her face. We hug, and she immediately dives into her usual chatter. "So, spill it. What's this about William making headlines again? You've been avoiding him like the plague."

I wave the newspaper at her as we sit down. "Look at this, Tess. They're practically worshiping him. He's 35 and apparently looks like a model. According to this, every girl in the city is after him, and all the businessmen are green with envy. It's ridiculous."

Tessa's eyes widen as she takes a sip of her coffee. "Oh my god, Bella! Are you serious? William? The same guy who's been driving you up the wall? I mean, I get it—he's hot, and successful, and apparently the MAN of the city. But you can't tell me you're not at least a little bit intrigued."

I groan. "Intrigued? Maybe. But he's been acting so weird lately. He's been getting all close and weird, and I don't know how to handle it. It's driving me nuts. And I can't figure out why I'm feeling... conflicted."

Tessa bursts into laughter. "Conflicted? Bella, honey, let's be real. He's a billionaire with a model-like face. Girls throw themselves at him like he's a rockstar. You've got a front-row seat to his drama, and now you're telling me you're confused about why you're feeling this way?"

I try to suppress a smile but fail. "I just don't know what's going on. One minute, he's being all intense and weird, and the next, he's just—there. And I can't deny that part of me... likes it. But I don't want to like it. It's so frustrating."

Tessa's eyes sparkle with mischief. "Oh, come on! You know you're totally into him. I mean, who wouldn't be? He's like a walking fantasy. All the girls are practically drooling over him. And here you are, playing hard to get. Classic Bella."

I roll my eyes. "Classic me, indeed. But seriously, Tess, he's been nothing but rude to me for years. I don't get why I'm suddenly feeling this... pull."

Tessa leans in, her expression turning serious for a moment, though the twinkle in her eye betrays her amusement. "Look, Bella. It's like this: you've got this insanely attractive billionaire who's finally paying attention to you after being a jerk for years. Of course, it's going to mess with your head! I mean, every girl in this city would give anything for a chance with him, and you're over here acting like it's no big deal. Newsflash: it is a big deal."

I can't help but laugh at her enthusiasm. "Yeah, yeah, I get it. But I still don't know what to do about it."

Tessa grins, her eyes twinkling with excitement. "Well, for starters, stop overthinking it. Just enjoy the fact that William  is making an effort. You never know, he might be trying to change. And honestly, Bella, you two would make such a hot couple. I've already started planning your wedding in my head."