41. Best day with Davesworth

Bella's POV:

As we arrived at the lake, the sunlight danced across the water like a thousand tiny diamonds. The little house nestled between the trees was charmingly decorated, with flowers spilling over the balcony and fairy lights twinkling even in the daylight. I couldn't help but feel like we had stepped into a postcard.

"Welcome to my humble abode," William said with a dramatic flair, gesturing to the house. "What do you think? I know it's not quite a castle, but it has its own charm, right?"

I laughed, "I don't know, William. Are you sure this isn't just a romantic hideaway where you bring all your secret admirers?"

He smirked, leaning closer. "Only the ones who have impeccable taste. I can't just take anyone to a place this lovely, can I?"

"Flattery will get you everywhere," I replied, rolling my eyes playfully. "But what's the catch? Are you going to make me clean up after your imaginary guests?"

"Only if you want to earn your keep," he shot back, raising an eyebrow. "I can't be the only one working hard around here. You've got to keep up your end of the deal."

"Oh, I see how it is. You're just using me for my cleaning skills," I teased, crossing my arms with a mock-serious expression. "How very romantic."

He chuckled, his gaze intense. "Hey, I could have brought you to a fast-food joint, but I chose this picturesque lake instead. I'd say that's pretty romantic, wouldn't you?"

I leaned back against the wooden railing, pretending to think hard. "Hmm, I suppose it's a step up from burgers and fries. But I might require a better offer if you want me to fully commit to this romance."

William stepped closer, his voice dropping to a whisper. "How about a moonlit stroll on the water tonight? I promise to bring my best moves. I'm quite the catch when it comes to making a fool of myself."

I laughed, unable to suppress the warmth that blossomed in my chest. "You? A catch? I don't know, William. I've seen you trip over air before. I'm not sure I can risk my reputation by associating with someone so clumsy."

He feigned shock, clutching his chest dramatically. "You wound me, Bella! But you know what? I'll take that risk if it means getting to spend more time with you."

I felt my cheeks heat up, a mix of embarrassment and excitement bubbling within me. "You're full of surprises tonight, aren't you?"

"Only for you," he replied, his tone sincere. "Now, are you going to help me decorate this lovely little place, or will I have to charm you into it?"

"Charm me? You mean like how you just did?" I quipped, crossing my arms again. "I'm not easy to impress, you know."

He leaned closer, a teasing glint in his eye. "Challenge accepted. Just wait until you see my skills at arranging flowers. I'll have you swooning in no time."

"Is that a promise?" I asked, my heart racing a little.

"Absolutely," he said with a wink. "And if I fail, I'll take you out for ice cream. Your choice of flavor."

"Now that's a tempting offer," I replied, feeling lighter than air. "Alright, let's see what you've got."

With that, we headed inside the little house, laughter echoing off the walls as the sun dipped lower in the sky, casting a warm glow over our budding connection.

As we stepped inside the little house, I was instantly struck by its beauty. The walls were painted a soft lavender, my favorite color, creating an inviting and cozy atmosphere. The air was filled with the gentle scent of lavender, making it feel even more like a dream.