31.In the Wake of Betrayal: Bella's Heartbreak and Tessa's Support

Bella's POV:

The shock and pain of seeing William with another woman left me feeling disoriented and heartbroken. My emotions were a whirlwind as I fled from his office, desperate to escape the crushing weight of betrayal. I needed comfort, and the only person I could think of who might understand was Tessa.

I ran through the office hallways, tears streaming down my face, my heart pounding with each step. I made my way to Tessa's cabin, my breaths coming in ragged gasps. When I finally reached her door, I knocked frantically.

"Tessa!" I cried out, my voice trembling. "I need to talk to you, please."

Tessa opened the door, her eyes widening with concern when she saw me. "Bella? What's wrong?"

Before I could answer, the tears flowed more freely, and I could barely speak through the sobs. "I... I saw William. He... he was with someone else. They were kissing. I thought he was coming back to me, but..."

Tessa's face softened with sympathy. She immediately pulled me into a comforting hug, her presence a soothing balm to my shattered emotions. "Oh, Bella. I'm so sorry. Come with me. We'll figure this out."

She led me to her apartment, her arm around my shoulders providing a small measure of solace. As we walked, I tried to steady my breathing, focusing on putting one foot in front of the other. The pain in my chest was almost unbearable, but Tessa's support helped me push through.

As we neared her apartment, we encountered Evan, who was just stepping out of his building. He looked at me with a mix of concern and confusion. "Bella? Is everything okay?"

Tessa glanced at me, then back at Evan. " You know her?"

Evan's gaze shifted between Tessa and me. "Yeah, I know her. We've talked a few times. Bella, what's going on?"

I wiped at my tears, trying to muster a brave face despite the turmoil inside. "I'm fine, Evan. Thank you. I just... need to be with Tessa right now."

Evan looked like he wanted to say more, but Tessa cut him off gently. "Evan, thanks for checking in. Bella and I need to get going. We'll be okay."

Evan nodded, though his expression remained puzzled. "Alright. If you need anything, just let me know."

With that, Tessa and I continued to her apartment. Inside, the warmth and familiarity of her space provided a temporary respite from the storm of emotions I was experiencing. Tessa set up a cozy spot on the couch, making sure I was comfortable before joining me.

"Bella, I'm so sorry you had to go through that," Tessa said softly, her eyes filled with concern. "We'll talk about it, and I'll do everything I can to help you through this."

I leaned into Tessa, finding some comfort in her presence. As she made us tea and settled in beside me, I felt a small flicker of relief knowing I wasn't alone. The journey to Tessa's apartment had been a blur of pain and confusion, but now, in this moment, I was grateful for her support.

"I just don't understand," I said, my voice quivering. "Why would he do this? I thought we were getting closer. Why didn't he call? Why didn't he reach out to me?"

Tessa held my hand, her grip firm and reassuring. "I don't have all the answers, Bella. But we'll get through this together. Let's take it one step at a time. You deserve to be treated with respect and honesty, and you'll get through this. We'll make sure of it."

I nodded, feeling the weight of my emotions begin to ease just a little. With Tessa by my side, I knew I had a friend who would help me navigate this painful chapter and find my way forward.