35.A Surprising Reunion and a New Beginning

Bella's POV:

Tomorrow marks the beginning of a new chapter for me, and I couldn't be more excited. I'll be starting at Kingston Company, a place where the promise of a fresh start feels like a breath of fresh air. The anticipation of walking into a new office, away from the shadow of William's cold indifference, is invigorating.

As soon as I stepped through the doors of Kingston Company, I was greeted by Alexander, a friendly face with a warm smile. He's my point of contact for the day and will be showing me around. Alexander is around my age, which already puts me at ease. His easygoing demeanor and playful nature create an immediate sense of camaraderie.

He took me on a tour of the office, pointing out the various departments and introducing me to a few key people. His explanations were clear and concise, and he made sure to answer all of my questions with patience. His approach was the complete opposite of the rigid, high-pressure environment I had been used to. Alexander's playful banter and relaxed attitude made the whole experience enjoyable and stress-free.

I could tell that this new environment would be a refreshing change. The office was bright and welcoming, and the people I met seemed genuinely friendly. Alexander's ease in navigating the space and his casual explanations made me feel like I was stepping into a place where I could thrive without the constant pressure and negativity I had faced before.

As we wrapped up the tour, I felt a genuine sense of optimism. Alexander's friendly approach and the positive atmosphere of the company made me excited about the work ahead. It's clear that Kingston Company is a place where I can grow professionally without the burdens of past conflicts.

Walking away from the office at the end of the day, I felt a lightness I hadn't experienced in a long time. This new opportunity feels like a perfect fit, and I'm looking forward to starting this fresh chapter with enthusiasm and hope.

The day was progressing smoothly until I received a message that the CEO wanted to meet with me. With a mixture of curiosity and nerves, I made my way to the CEO's office. When I entered, I was greeted by none other than Alexander.

My heart skipped a beat. "Oh my God, Alexander!" I exclaimed, unable to hide my surprise. I had assumed he was just another friendly colleague, not the CEO of the company. "I'm so sorry for mistaking you as an employee earlier. I didn't know!"

Alexander chuckled, clearly amused. "No need to apologize, Bella. It's perfectly understandable. I like to keep things casual around here."

We dove into a discussion about work, and Alexander was just as approachable and easygoing as he had been during the tour. His leadership style was a refreshing change from the rigid formality I had experienced before. The meeting was productive, and I felt a sense of relief that I was in such capable and supportive hands.

But then, after a long discussion, Alexander suddenly asked, "Bella, are you sure you don't remember me from somewhere?"

I was taken aback. "What do you mean?"

With a grin, he pulled out a high school yearbook from his desk and flipped to a page. He pointed to a photo of a younger version of himself, and my jaw dropped. I stared at the yearbook in shock. "No way! Alexander, is that really you?"

He nodded, still smiling. "Yep, that's me. We were best friends in high school. I remember us getting into all sorts of trouble together."

The realization hit me like a wave. I had known him as a close friend back in high school—someone I could always rely on. Our friendship had been platonic and full of honest, sometimes brutally so, interactions. We had shared so many moments and secrets, maintaining a strong bond even after graduation.