24

After the weekend spent with Yuki—singing with friends and watching volleyball practice—Monday morning hit like a cold shower. Actually, the entire week felt that way. Between waking up at 5 AM, the intense training sessions, and barely any time to rest, by the time Friday rolled around, I was completely exhausted.

Not every day ended well. More than once, I came back to my room more frustrated than the day before, upset about how practice had gone. November was almost over, and I still hadn't nailed that cursed trick.

Thankfully, Yuki always found a way to make some time for us. Whether it was watching something together in the break room, talking about our days, or simply lying in bed wrapped in each other's arms after a particularly rough day, his presence made everything more bearable.

He had been busy with his own training, too. His team was working incredibly hard to improve. Whenever I finished my training earlier than them, I'd sometimes go watch their practices with Reira and Ayumu to cheer them on.

By Saturday, we woke up early because Yuki's volleyball team had a friendly match in Manila. Of course, I had to pack my bags at the last minute because I'd passed out early on Friday night.

We were staying one night in a hotel before flying back. For the flight, I chose comfort—baggy sweatpants and a hoodie. By 8:30 AM, we were already in the VIP lounge at the airport.

I wasn't exactly full of energy at that point. Waking up early and rushing through things wasn't exactly my idea of a good time. So, in the lounge, I slouched into one of the armchairs, sunglasses on and a cap pulled low over my tired face.

Reira sat across from me, chatting with Ran. She was laughing a little more than usual, and when he leaned in slightly toward her, I noticed a faint blush creeping onto her cheeks. I couldn't hear what they were saying because I had my headphones on, trying to relax a bit while listening to Keshi.

I sat quietly with my headphones on, the soft hum of music filling my ears as I stared out the window, lost in my own thoughts.

Out of nowhere, a cold cup slid in front of me, pulling me out of my trance. I blinked, pulling off my headphones, and looked up. There was Yuki, standing in front of me with that playful grin of his.

"Surprise," he said, nodding toward the iced latte.

My eyes widened in pleasant surprise, and I couldn't help but smile. "You remembered," I said softly, feeling warmth in my chest despite the chill of the drink in my hand.

He winked at me before heading back to his teammates.

Since it was game day, I noticed they were all a bit more serious than usual. Sure, they still cracked jokes with each other, but I could tell their minds were already on the match. I figured I'd let Yuki focus and stick to his pre-game routine.

The flight had been smooth and quick, and naturally, I'd slept through the entire thing. By the time we landed, I was feeling way better after getting some rest.

But I hadn't expected what was waiting for us outside the airport. Fans. Everywhere. Cheering loudly for the volleyball team, some holding flowers, letters, and even gifts. Of course, Yuki and Ran were getting the most attention. I could hear fans shouting their names from a mile away.

It was wild seeing how much love they got, even so far from home.

Reira, Hiro, Ayumu, and I trailed behind, sticking with the staff, dressed so casually that we probably just looked like regular tourists.

The heat in the Philippines was no joke. We had to change out of our travel clothes, so I decided on a beige skirt and a loose white t-shirt. Wearing dark clothes under that blazing sun? Definitely not the best idea.