15

The few days flew by quickly.

My team woke up every morning at 5 AM, trained in the gym, had breakfast, and then headed up to the mountain for the snowpark. We stayed on the mountain from 8 AM until 6 PM, stopping only for meals. We made it back to the dorm just in time to shower and eat.

When I'm on the mountain, I hardly ever feel the exhaustion; it's just a continuous cycle of going down, trying tricks, going back up, and trying again. Not everything goes perfectly, and it's frustrating when I fall. But I have to be careful to fall correctly to avoid injury.

Today after dinner, I threw myself onto the couch in the break room with Ayumu and Hiro to watch some anime together.

Reira, on the other hand, preferred to head back to the room to rest or read a book in peace.

"Living with all these volleyball players has made me want to watch Haikyu!" Ayumu said as she scrolled through the anime list on the screen.

"Go ahead! I've never seen it," I said, getting comfortable in the corner of the couch.

As Ayumu started the show, the volleyball team walked into the room.

"I thought I heard the Haikyu!! theme song," Ran said, plopping down onto one of the bean bags.

Yuki came over to me with a smile, and I returned it, "Hey!"

He sat down next to me. "Is this your first time watching it?" I nodded. "How is it? Is it worth watching?"

He nodded. "It really captures what players feel during a match."

"Ooh, so I can learn something new about you!"

He draped his arm over the back of the couch behind me and started playing with my hair. "If you want to learn something about me, you can ask me directly. I'm more than happy to tell you anything you want to know."

I gave him a sly smirk. "Anything? Even your most embarrassing thoughts?"

He suppressed a laugh and leaned in closer, whispering in a low voice, "Anything you want."

My breath caught in my throat as my pulse sped up.

If only you knew what I think about you...

"Guys, remember where you are, and that you're not alone..." Ayumu said loudly.

I shot a glare at Ayumu, who couldn't see me since his back was turned toward the screen.

Yuki chuckled softly at my reaction and leaned back, continuing to gently play with my hair.

After a few episodes, Shoyo stood up right in front of me.

I was so focused on watching 'Haikyu!!' that I leaned to the side, trying to see what was happening on the TV. That idiot tried to block my view again.

I'm going to kill him.

I looked up at him, pouting. "What do you want? I'm still too young to go to jail."

He stifled a laugh and tried to put on a serious face. "I want that spot," he said, pointing at my seat.

I ignored him and tried to push him aside. "Find another spot, the corner is mine."

He then pulled out his phone. "Then I'll just show Ishikawa your middle school photos—"

I shot up, getting dangerously close to him. "Try it."

His grin widened. "If that's what you want..." He started to turn his phone toward Yuki.

I shoved his arm away. "Okay, you win."

I turned to Yuki and asked him to scoot over a bit. I ended up sitting between the two of them.

You'll pay for this, Shoyo.

Shoyo laughed. "I know you're already plotting your revenge. Just know that I now have something to blackmail you with."

"You'll see... I suggest you watch your back," I shot him another glare before turning my attention back to the anime. Thanks to him, I'd missed some important parts where the protagonist pulled off one of his quick attacks.

Yuki was unusually quiet, and he had even stopped playing with my hair, which made me sad because it was so relaxing.

I turned to him and saw that he was slightly frowning, his gaze fixed on Sho's leg, which was resting against mine.

To reassure him, I placed my hand on his thigh, gave it a gentle squeeze, and then moved it away.

However, he caught my hand and placed it back on his leg, covering it with his own hand while stroking my fingers.

A smile crept onto my face, and we continued watching the TV.
——
"Chō," someone whispered, and I felt a light touch on my knee, pulling me away from my dreams.

"Hmm?"

"You need to wake up; you can't sleep here," the voice whispered again.

"But the alarm hasn't gone off yet," I mumbled softly, trying to find a more comfortable position.

"Do you want me to take you to bed?"

I didn't respond. In my mind, I was already in bed.

A moment later, a pair of strong arms slipped beneath me, one under my knees and the other cradling my back, and then I felt the sudden sensation of being lifted.

I tried to open my eyes, but I was too tired to fully wake up and too comfortable to protest.

I rested my head against his chest, and I could hear the steady rhythm of his heartbeat—a soothing lullaby that pulled me back toward sleep.

The warmth of his body seeped into me, and I let out a soft, contented sigh.

The motion of being carried was slow and careful, as if he was trying not to wake me, each step a gentle sway that rocked me deeper into drowsiness.

A faint smile tugged at the corners of my lips as I inhaled Ishikawa's scent.

I heard the soft click of a door unlocking, followed by it closing quietly.

Yuki began to lower me onto the bed, and I felt myself being gently settled onto the mattress.

But as he started to pull away, something inside me stirred—a need to hold on to this moment a little longer. My hand reached out instinctively, fingers brushing against his arm. With a soft murmur, I tightened my grip, not wanting him to leave just yet.

"Don't go..." I whispered, my voice barely more than a breath. My eyes remained closed, but my hold was firm, even in my drowsy state.

Yuki paused, his presence still warm and close. He didn't pull away, understanding my silent plea. Instead, he sat down on the edge of the bed, his hand resting gently on mine.

I smiled faintly, feeling his thumb stroke the back of my hand. My breathing slowed, and the tension in my body melted away as I relaxed into the bed. The darkness of sleep began to take me again, comforted by the quiet company.