56

After a long morning of intense training, Kaito and I finally made our way back to the dormitory.

We were both a little exhausted, but knowing we had the rest of the afternoon free gave us a bit of energy.

As we walked, I could feel the weight of the upcoming gala looming over me, and I knew Kaito was already excited to find something to wear.

"Ready to go hunt for that perfect outfit?" he asked, nudging me lightly with his elbow as we entered the building.

I gave him a small smirk, shaking my head. "I guess we don't really have a choice, do we?"

Once inside, we quickly headed to our respective rooms to shower and change. I pulled on something comfortable, tying my hair into a loose bun. I wasn't particularly in the mood for shopping.

A few minutes later, I met Kaito downstairs. He was waiting for me near the entrance, casually leaning against the wall with a grin on his face.

"You ready?" he asked as I approached.

"Yeah, let's get this over with," I replied with a sigh.

As we stepped outside, Kaito gave me a little wink. "Oh, by the way, I managed to get us a car for the day. Figured we could use the privacy, and it's better than taking a taxi back."

I raised an eyebrow at him. "Really? How did you pull that off?"

He shrugged nonchalantly. "Let's just say I know some people." His grin widened as he led me to a sleek black car parked nearby.

"Impressive," I said, nodding in approval. "Fine, I guess this makes the whole shopping trip a little more bearable."

We got in the car, and Kaito started driving us toward the shopping district. The streets were busy as usual, but inside the car, it was quiet and comfortable. I stared out the window, my mind half on the gala and half on the training we still had ahead of us. I noticed Kaito stealing glances at me every now and then.

"Something on your mind?" I asked, turning to face him.

He chuckled. "Just wondering how you'll look all dressed up. I'm sure you'll outshine everyone at the gala."

I rolled my eyes but couldn't help the small smile that crept onto my face. "I doubt that. I'm just trying not to embarrass myself."

"You? Embarrass yourself? No way. If anything, I'm the one who needs your help to not look like a total idiot," Kaito said, laughing. "Besides, with me around, no one will even notice if you trip or something."

I laughed softly, shaking my head. "You're ridiculous."

As we arrived at the shopping district, Kaito parked the car in a quiet area. We stepped out and made our way toward the boutique he had in mind, a high-end store that carried formal wear. Inside, the store was bright and polished, with mannequins dressed in luxurious suits and elegant gowns.

Kaito turned to me with a mischievous smile. "Let the fun begin."

Kaito began scanning the racks of suits and formal wear. I followed him, feeling a bit out of place as he excitedly sifted through different fabrics and colors. He pulled out a navy suit, holding it up to his body as he turned to me with a grin.

"What do you think?" he asked.

I squinted at it, trying to muster some enthusiasm. "It looks... fine."

Kaito chuckled, shaking his head. "Wow, so much excitement. Okay, okay, let's try a few more."

Over the next half-hour, he tried on various suits—charcoal gray, dark blue, and even a deep green. Each time he stepped out of the dressing room, I gave him the same, slightly bored nod. They all looked pretty much the same to me, and I was starting to feel the exhaustion of the day creeping in.

Finally, after what felt like an eternity, he emerged in an all-black suit. The fabric was sleek, perfectly tailored to his frame, with subtle detailing that gave it a sophisticated edge. He stood in front of the mirror, adjusting the sleeves and straightening the lapels, clearly satisfied.

 He stood in front of the mirror, adjusting the sleeves and straightening the lapels, clearly satisfied

"Alright, this one," he said, turning to me for approval.

I let out a quiet sigh of relief, feeling like I'd just crossed a finish line. "It looks good. Really good. You should go with that."

Kaito grinned, clearly pleased with my reaction. "I knew black would be the winner. I just wanted to see how long it would take you to notice the difference."

I rolled my eyes. "Honestly, they all looked the same to me. I'm just glad you finally found something."

He laughed as he headed back to the changing room to change out of the suit. When he returned, he looked at me with a curious expression. "What about you? Want to look for something here too?"

I shook my head quickly. "No, I'm good. My dad's already on it. He'll make sure I have something to wear."

Kaito raised an eyebrow. "Oh? Fancy. Well, if you're sure."

"I'm sure," I replied with a small smile, feeling a little relieved that I wouldn't have to go through the same process of trying on outfit after outfit.

Once we were done with the shopping, we headed back to the car. The sun was already starting to set, casting a warm glow over the city. As Kaito started the engine, he glanced over at me.

"It's getting kind of late. How about we grab something to eat before heading back? I know a good spot nearby."

I hesitated for a moment, but my stomach growled softly, betraying me. "Alright," I said, giving in. "But something quick. We still have training tomorrow."

Kaito smiled triumphantly. "Deal."

We drove to a small, cozy restaurant a few streets away. It wasn't too crowded, and the atmosphere was relaxed—just what I needed after a long day. We ordered some simple dishes, and as we waited for the food to arrive, Kaito leaned back in his chair, looking satisfied with how the day had turned out.

"You know," he said, "I think this gala might actually be fun."

I gave him a skeptical look. "You think so?"

He shrugged, a playful smile on his face. "Yeah, you'll be there. That'll make it interesting."

I shook my head with a small laugh, trying not to let his teasing get to me. "You're impossible."

As the food arrived, I couldn't help but feel grateful that the shopping ordeal was over and that Kaito had somehow managed to turn a tedious task into something bearable. After eating, we drove back to the dorm, the car ride quiet and peaceful, with just the sound of the city in the background.