A Night of Promises

After secretly dating for a long time, Meera finally felt the thrill of freedom. Hand in hand with Kabir, she roamed the city without a care, savoring every moment they spent together. Each lunch, dinner, and coffee date felt like a piece of a grand adventure, and Meera cherished the photos she had taken. Every glance at her phone brought back the joy of being with him, the warmth of his presence. Before Kabir, she had been an ordinary girl with simple plans for her future. But with Kabir, her world had transformed into something extraordinary. He had found his way into her heart, just like a heartbeat—steadfast and unshakable.

As she scrolled through her memories, her thoughts shifted to tomorrow—Kabir's birthday. Her heart raced with excitement as she planned how to make it special. She wanted it to be unforgettable, just like every moment he had given her. There was a sense of giddiness building inside her as she thought of the unique surprises she had in store for him.

While Meera was busy with her thoughts, Kabir lay under the open sky, staring at the vast expanse above. The moon, glowing softly, seemed like a witness to his dreams. He imagined his future with Meera—her laughter filling their home, her presence completing his life. He closed his eyes, holding on to that beautiful image of her, unwilling to let it slip away. He whispered into the night, "I love you, Meera." His voice was soft but filled with emotion. He knew she would call him at midnight—there was no doubt in his mind.

When the clock struck twelve, Kabir's phone rang, and without checking the screen, he picked it up eagerly.

"Yes, Meera?" he said, already anticipating her voice.

But the voice on the other end wasn't Meera's.

"Meera? It's me, Jiju, Navya," came the playful voice.

"Oh, okay!" Kabir replied, trying to hide his surprise.

"Yeah, I called to be the first to wish you a Happy Birthday, Jiju!" Navya said, her tone bubbling with excitement.

"How sweet! Thank you, Navya," Kabir said, amused.

"You can call me 'Chhotaa,' like Di does," Navya teased.

"Alright, from now on, I'll call you Chhotaa. Deal?" Kabir agreed, chuckling.

"Deal!" Navya replied proudly.

"So, where's your sister?" Kabir asked, his curiosity getting the better of him.

Navya glanced at Meera, who was stifling her laughter beside her. "She's asleep," Navya answered, playing along.

"Asleep?" Kabir repeated, a hint of disappointment creeping into his voice.

"Yep, fast asleep," Navya confirmed, sneaking a mischievous look at Meera, who gave her a nod of approval.

"Alright then, I'll hang up," Kabir sighed, about to end the call.

"Chhotaa, you're such a tease," Meera said, grabbing the phone from Navya's hand, her voice warm and filled with affection.

Kabir's heart skipped a beat. "Hmm?" he murmured, his mind already at ease just hearing her voice.

Navya slipped out of the room, leaving them to their moment.

"Happy Birthday, Kabir!" Meera finally said, her tone soft and genuine.

"Did you just remember?" Kabir teased her lightly.

"I never forgot, Kabir," she replied, rolling her eyes. "But Chhotaa was determined to be the first to wish you. You've become her favorite, you know."

"I guess that means I'm winning the family over," Kabir said with a grin, feeling a surge of pride.