A Token of Love

The house was buzzing with excitement on the night of Meera's Mehndi and Sangeet. Navya, ever the dutiful sister, was by her side, helping her get ready for the evening. But the absence of the hairdresser had thrown a dark cloud over Meera's spirits. She sat in front of the mirror, her face heavy with disappointment, as the noise of laughter and music from the guests filled the house. The joy she had felt earlier was fading, and all she could focus on was the one thing that wasn't going right.

Navya tried everything. She cracked jokes, teased Meera about how Kabir would be so mesmerized by her beauty that no one would notice her hair, and even suggested some simple styles they could do themselves. But nothing worked. Meera was too fixated on the delay, her heart sinking deeper with each passing minute.

Finally, seeing no other option, Navya pulled out her phone and called the one person who could turn things around—Kabir.

The phone rang twice before he picked up, his voice warm as always. "What's up, Chhotaa? Is my bride ready to dazzle everyone yet?"

Navya quickly explained the situation, detailing how the hairdresser had ruined the mood and how Meera was refusing to leave the room. She finished with a frustrated sigh, hoping Kabir could come up with a miracle.

There was a moment of silence on the other end of the line, followed by a burst of laughter.

"Jiju, I'm serious! Why are you laughing?!" Navya complained, though a hint of a smile was already tugging at her lips.

"I can't help it!" Kabir replied, his laughter still bubbling. "It's just too funny! Your sister, who usually has everything under control, is sulking like a child over a hairdresser!"

Navya couldn't help but giggle at his words. "Okay, fine, it's a little funny. But what do we do? She's really upset."

"Don't worry, Chhotaa. Just get her ready and bring her to the hall. Once she's here, leave the rest to me. I've got a plan," Kabir said confidently, his voice full of reassurance.

Navya raised an eyebrow, curious. "Are you sure you can fix this?"

"Absolutely. Now go on, do your magic," he replied with a smile in his voice.

Relieved, Navya ended the call and turned back to Meera, who was still sitting in front of the mirror, lost in her thoughts. "Okay, Di. Let's finish getting you ready. Trust me, everything's going to be fine."

Navya was busy adjusting Meera's dupatta when she decided to lighten the mood. "By the way, Di, just like Jiju saved the day during your Haldi ceremony, should I call him to fix your hair too?" she teased, hoping that the mention of Kabir would soften Meera's mood.

But instead of the smile she expected, Meera shot her a sharp glare. "Don't even mention his name!" Meera snapped, her annoyance clear. "I was about to call the hairdresser myself, but no, this entire mess—her being late—is all his doing!"

Navya's eyes widened in surprise. "What? How is this Jiju's fault?"

"He convinced me to try this new hairdresser. Said she was 'amazing' and 'highly recommended,'" Meera huffed, folding her arms. "Now look at this mess. She's not even here!"

"Okay, okay," Navya raised her hands in surrender, trying not to laugh. "Just stop with that angry face, Di. Everyone's waiting for you downstairs for the Mehndi ceremony."

Meera, still fuming, crossed her arms tighter. "I'm not going," she muttered stubbornly.

Navya's face fell. "Come on, you can't do that! All the guests are waiting just for you. They've been excited for this moment. Please, let's go."