The Sorry Date

Meera remained grumpy. She hadn't forgiven Kabir yet. After she parked her scooter, her two buddies got off. Tanuja and Meera were conversing when Tanuja's eyes shifted, noticing someone. She gave Meera a gentle tap on the shoulder, and Meera gazed in the same direction.

Meera noticed Kabir at her university's gate. Anger flared up inside her again, and she turned her head, dismissing him entirely. She continued inside, but as she did, she heard Kabir's voice calling her name several times. Determined to ignore him, she quickened her pace, but Kabir ran after her and stepped in front of her, blocking her path.

"Meera," he called out, stopping her in her tracks. Meera looked away, refusing to meet his eyes.

"Meera, please stop. I know I did wrong by you, but please give me a chance to apologize," he pleaded, his voice earnest.

Meera folded her arms and stood in front of him. "Say what you have to say quickly."

"I am sorry, Meera," he said, his voice filled with regret. Meera finally looked up and stared at him.

"I know I shouldn't have spoken to you that way that day. I am sorry," he repeated, joining his palms together in a gesture of sincerity. "Look, I am guilty of whatever happened. I am sorry."

Meera knew she couldn't stay angry with someone for long, especially when the person was apologizing so earnestly. She simply said, "Alright, Kabir, you can go."

"Did you forgive me?" he asked, his eyes lighting up with hope. Meera nodded, but Kabir could tell she was still annoyed.

"Are you sure you forgave me?" he asked again, more seriously this time, and she nodded again. Kabir got an idea. He bent down and held her feet.

"Not like this. Unless you promise to come to the cafe today, I won't believe you've forgiven me," he said, embarrassing Meera. She looked around, noticing everyone was staring at them.

"Kabir, what are you doing?" she asked, feeling mortified.

She looked around self-consciously. "Please, Kabir, get up," she requested.

"No, until you promise to come to the cafe to meet me, I won't let go of your feet," he insisted, his grip firm.

Meera looked around, desperate to end the spectacle. "Okay, I'll come."

"Say it while touching my head," he requested.

Meera bent down, touched his shoulder, and looked into his eyes, silently asking him to get up.

"You'll come, right?" he asked again. With a small smile, she nodded.

Kabir got up and dusted off his clothes. Meera gave him a faint smile, which he returned before making his way out of the gate, leaving Meera standing there, feeling a mixture of relief and anticipation. He waved, and Meera smiled at him before heading off. In the classroom, Meera blushed as her friends teased her. Kabir hadn't cared about the people around them; he was just focused on making things right with her.

"Meera, that guy is really cute. Look how he got down on his knees just to apologize," teased Tanuja. Riya, another friend, also made a sweet comment.

Meera kept blushing, unable to respond to them. She was lost in his thoughts the entire day and could hardly pay attention to any of the lectures.

Afterwards, Meera rode her scooter to Kabir's cafe. As soon as he noticed her coming, he escorted her inside and tenderly opened the door for her. He urged her to sit at a table, taking her hand. Meera grinned as she observed the lovely arrangements, which brought her joy. She saw that the word "SORRY" was spelled out with five balloons, each with a letter attached to it.