Saptapadi

The moment Kabir stepped inside, Madhu welcomed him warmly, guiding him toward the mandap, where the most significant moment of his life was about to unfold. His heart was racing, his mind filled with anticipation as he eagerly awaited Meera's arrival. The idea of finally seeing her as his bride made him restless, his excitement bubbling just beneath the surface. His eyes remained glued to the entrance, yearning for the moment she would walk in.

Kavya, sensing his impatience, sidled up beside him, mischief dancing in her eyes. "Looks like bhabhi has changed her mind," she teased.

Kabir shot her a mock glare, but Kavya just laughed heartily, knowing she had struck a nerve. "Come on, Kabir bhaiya. Patience! Haven't you heard? Good things come to those who wait."

Kabir grumbled under his breath, his eyes still fixed on the door. "How long will Meera make me wait? I've been waiting for this moment forever," he muttered to himself, barely containing his restlessness.

One of his friends approached, trying to strike up a conversation to distract him, but Kabir's attention was elsewhere, his thoughts circling only around Meera. Then, a nudge from Kavya broke his trance.

"Look," she whispered, her voice holding a teasing excitement.

His head snapped back toward the entrance. There she was.

A phoolon ki chaadar, glowing softly under the gentle light, was held above Meera as her friends led the way. The moment was surreal, almost dreamlike. Navya and Meera's friends parted, revealing her fully to Kabir's gaze, and in that instant, the world fell away.

Kabir was spellbound. Meera, in her bridal attire, was the very embodiment of grace and beauty. Her face was lit with a soft, shy glow, her hands trembling slightly as they clutched the varmala, and Kabir couldn't take his eyes off her. His heart swelled with love, the sight of her taking his breath away. He had imagined this moment countless times, but the reality surpassed even his wildest dreams.

Meera's footsteps were slow, deliberate, her heart pounding in her chest. Each step toward Kabir felt heavier with emotion, the magnitude of the moment making her legs weak. Her eyes remained downcast, her cheeks flushed with shyness. She could feel his gaze on her, his eyes never leaving her, and her own heart fluttered in response.

As she finally reached him, her courage lifted her head, and her eyes met his for the first time that day. The intensity in Kabir's eyes made her breath catch in her throat. To her, he was a vision, standing tall and proud in his groom's attire, looking every bit the prince she had always dreamed of. In that shared glance, everything fell into place, and for a moment, it was as if the universe had aligned just for them.

Kabir smiled, and in that smile, Meera found her calm amidst the storm of emotions. They were on the brink of forever, and the world around them seemed to hold its breath in anticipation.

Meera stood before Kabir, the varmala in her trembling hands, her shyness getting the best of her. She could barely lift her eyes to meet his. Kabir, noticing her hesitation, stood tall and mischievous, waiting patiently, his eyes twinkling with amusement. He wanted her to come out of her shell, to look at him with the confidence that he was hers. This moment was as much hers as it was his, and he wanted her to claim it.

But Meera couldn't bring herself to move. Her heart raced, and the weight of the garland in her hands seemed to grow heavier with each passing second. She knew everyone was watching, but her feet felt glued to the spot.

Navya, noticing her sister's hesitation and Kabir's playful demeanor, quickly exchanged a glance with Varun. A mischievous smile spread across Varun's face as he stepped forward and bent slightly, pretending to adjust Kabir's sherwani. Kabir instinctively looked down to see what was happening, his momentary distraction all the opening Meera needed.