Golden Hues of Love

The air buzzed with anticipation as Kabir and Meera's wedding drew near. For weeks, both families had been in a whirlwind of excitement, the atmosphere growing more electric with each passing day. The Sharmas had always dreamed of welcoming a daughter-in-law like Meera, and the Kashyaps couldn't have asked for a better son-in-law than Kabir. Adding to the joy, Navya, had just aced her exams, bringing even more reason to celebrate.

The Sharma household brimmed with laughter, every corner echoing with playful teasing, jokes, and the unique happiness that weddings bring.

Kabir, the groom-to-be, found himself surrounded by a sea of giggling women, eager to begin the haldi ceremony. Seated in the middle of the living room, he grinned as his older cousins and their wives made the most of the moment, teasing him relentlessly.

"Kabir, you better laugh while you still can! Once you're married, your days of freedom are over," Ashok, one of his elder cousins, joked, his voice full of mischief.

Kabir chuckled, knowing full well what was coming. "Oh, come on, Ashok bhaiya! You've been saying that for years, and look at you—you're still alive and kicking!"

Laughter filled the room, as more cousins and relatives crowded around. Kavya, Kabir's younger sister, arrived with their mother, Rano, both carrying bowls filled with haldi paste.

"Alright, ladies, let's get moving! We need to coat our Kabir with enough haldi and still have some leftover to send to Meera," Rano announced, her eyes twinkling.

"Leftover haldi?" Kabir asked, looking genuinely curious.

Kavya rolled her eyes, laughing at her brother's confusion. "Kabir bhaiya, the haldi we use on you is sent to bhabhi. Until she gets her share, her haldi ceremony won't be complete."

A playful grin spread across Kabir's face as he began tugging at the bottom of his t-shirt. "Oh, I see! In that case, let me make sure I'm properly covered in haldi—I don't want Meera to miss out on anything!"

The room erupted in laughter as Kavya rushed forward, swatting his hands away. "Bhaiya! What are you doing?"

Kabir gave her a cheeky smile. "Just making sure Meera gets enough haldi too!"

Anjali, one of his sisters-in-law, shook her head in mock disbelief. "Kabir, you're absolutely crazy."

"Exactly! The leftover haldi is symbolic, bhaiya," Kavya added, exasperated but clearly enjoying his antics.

As the women gathered around, applying haldi to his face, arms, and feet, Kabir basked in the attention, grinning all the while. The laughter was contagious, and even Rano couldn't help but giggle at her son's playful demeanor.

After what felt like an eternity of teasing and haldi smearing, Kavya finally intervened. "Alright, that's enough. We need to send this haldi to bhabhi now."

"But if it's not applied properly, it won't count for Meera!" one of the women teased, causing another ripple of laughter to echo through the room.

"Bhaiya, we're done!" Kavya declared, gently but firmly pushing his hand away when he tried to smear more haldi on his face.

Kabir sighed dramatically. "Fine, but just make sure you send it to Meera with all my love!"

With his face and arms glowing yellow from the haldi, Kabir sat back, feeling the joy of the day seep into his very bones. It was a celebration like no other, and for the first time, he truly felt the weight and warmth of what was to come—his life with Meera, surrounded by the love of both families.

The hall was filled with chatter and laughter as Kabir's haldi ceremony continued in full swing, but a voice suddenly broke through the merriment, carrying a hint of impatience.