RACHEL'S PLACE

Luke called for me downstairs as I rushed to get ready.

"I'm almost done." I shouted down the hallway, kicking off the heels and opting for my boots instead. I hate those things. Luke waited by the front door as Katy handed Summer to me.

"Okay you can turn around now." Luke turned to me examining my attire as Summer and I wore his band's t-shirt in support of him as he grinned. "That's not all." I turned Summer around showing Luke the back of her shirt. Luke's Girl typed along the back. He burst out laughing, a massive grin plastered on his face.

"That's right, my girl." He kissed Summer's head. I placed a quick kiss on Summer's head before placing her in Katy's arms.

"I love you baby." I smiled at Summer, Luke looked at me adoringly as we left for the bar opening.

We parked around the back of the bar.

"You ready?" I asked him as he took a deep breath.

"I think so." He smiled weakly. He was nervous, so I grabbed his hand softly.

"You'll be great, don't stress." I smiled as he looked at where our hands were joined before I let go. I reached along the floor of my SUV for my purse as the door opened. Luke held out a hand. I smiled, giving him my hand to help me out. His hand fell to the small of my back as he led me away from the back entrance to the bar.

"Luke the doors that..." The words died on my tongue as I looked at the front of the bar, the name of the bar that he had worked so hard on for months.

Rachel's Place.

His eyes never left mine, tears blurred my vision. I looked at him at the people surrounding the front entrance waiting to get in. Everything he has worked so hard for, a love letter to his little sister, my best friend.

"Say something." He whispered, grabbing my hand rubbing soothing circles with his thumb.

"She would be so proud of you." A few tears escaped.

"Us, I couldn't have done any of it without you." He wrapped his arms around me as we mourned together, she would have loved this place and he knew that. The doors opened as everyone walked in Rachel's place.

"Together?" I asked, wiping my tears away with a smile.

"Together." He smiled.

I went to the bar as I waited for a drink. As Luke went around, he mingled. His band was supposed to start soon. He was glowing in his element where he had always been a troublemaker; his charisma could pull everyone in the room, like gravity.

"Her drinks are on the house!" He shouted nearby and the bartender nodded before handing me my mint julep. I don't drink normally but I could let loose once. I raised my drink in toast as he raised his in the crowd. His smile was dangerous, dimples on display. Bryce got on stage tapping the mic.

"Thank you for coming out, everyone!" The crowd cheered. "We just want to take a moment to invite our very own Luke Barrett to the stage. In honor of this momentous occasion to say a few words before we start." Luke was lost in the crowd. I finally spotted him as he was pushed to the front.

"Alright, alright." He chuckled his eyes finding mine in the crowd. "Thank you all for coming to the opening of Rachel's place, I can't tell you how much it means to me. There is one person I want to thank. Jane Anderson." My skin prickled and grew warm, as a light found me in the crowd. My knees wobbled a little with all the crowd's eyes finding me. "Thank you for supporting my dreams, I could have never brought Rachel's Place to life without you." He winked and my cheeks grew feverish as I tried to wave politely.