one.

chapter one.

sadie brown was a quiet girl. a smart, funny, lovely but quiet girl. the girl was never popular with people, she often stayed to herself. she loved the quiet time, she loved being alone.

she couldn't get hurt being alone. ever since her last relationship in high school, she's been alone. sadie wasn't big on relationships, but more importantly she wasn't big on the idea of love.

her past boyfriend took her love for love away from her. sadie use to love the idea of falling in love and growing old together. she loved the idea of sitting on the porch, drinking tea in the afternoon as they watched little kids playing. she use to want love, but everything he put her through washed it away.

sadie waisted no time on packing her bags and moving across the world when she graduated high school. college was where she could start over. taking up a job this year of being a photographer for the women's basketball team, helped her get a feel in the world. the basketball world.

sadie would tell you now that the feelings she had for the blonde were always there, she use to deny it. she placed her eyes on a certain blonde her freshman year, this year she got lucky.

present time.

sadie walked into the gym with her camera in hand and a coffee in the other. she had bought a bigger size than usual considering it was eight in the morning.

the only thing sadie would hate about this job, was the early morning and late nights. sadie sat her drink down wiping her hands on her jeans. the girl turned her attention on the coach that she had met only a few times.

sadie was nervous about this job, but if it was doing something she loved, she could handle it. sadie walked over to the coach and the girls with a small smile.

"girls. this is sadie brown, she's the one i told you all about. make her feel welcomed. that's all i got, if she doesn't have anything to say we can get started." geno stated looking over at the girl. sadie shook her head with a polite smile.

"alright well get back on the court." geno called out making all the girls run onto the court. sadie walked back to the bleachers, sitting down. she adjusted the settings in her camera before standing up to take photos.

the practice went by fairly quickly enough for sadie to go home and have time to upload the photos without stressing out over them. sadie was going to grab her bag and drink, when a person called out her name.

sadie looked over and saw a group of three girls walking over towards her. the blonde, who she had seen multiple times around school being on the side.

"it's sadie right?" one girl asked. sadie shook her head with a smile looking at all three girls. her eyes lingered on the blonde for a little before she pulled her eyes back to the brunette.

"im nika, that's paige and kk." the brunette said pointing at each girl. sadie nodded her head slightly.

"um we were wondering if you wanted to come out with us. we like to go out before the season kicks in, because we don't get too much." nika asked the girl. sadie paused for a minute before answering.

"um yeah i guess i can." sadie replied back with a smile. sadie would be lying if she said she didn't try to find a reason to stay home that night.

"great! give me your phone so i can put my number in." nika replied with a smile. sadie grabbed her phone out of her back left pocket handing it to the brunette.

nika handed the phone back before offering a small bye and waving at the girl. sadie let a smile slip out before walking out the front door.

paige stayed behind as she watched sadie leave the gym. paige was snapped out of her trance once kk came over, pulling her away from the door.

sadie stared at her clothes, trying to find an outfit for tonight. nika had texted her ten minutes ago giving her the location of the place.

sadie decided on wearing a black tube top with a dark jean mini skirt. she let her natural curls fall as she reapplied her makeup, considering half of it had fallen off.

the girl had checked her phone three times in the past minute, making sure she wasn't going to be late. sadie grabbed a random black bag throwing some perfume and gum in it. the girl grabbed her keys and headed out of her apartment.

sadie sighed as she put her car in park as she pulled up to the small bar. the girl ran her fingers through her hair before heading in towards the bar.

sadie had almost immediately spotted the group because of kk's presence. nika was the first to notice the girl and pulled her into a hug.

"can i get you anything to drink?" nika asked sadie. sadie shook her head no, the girl wasn't a big alcohol drinker. the taste of any alcohol wanted to make her throw up.

sadie took a seat between paige and nika as nika continued to talk to her. halfway through the night nika had went off with her boyfriend as sadie sat on her phone.

"you don't talk much do you?" sadie was pulled out of her trance being on her phone. she looked over towards the blonde to see paige staring at her with hooded eyes.

"no, i do. you just have to know me." sadie replied back with a small smile. the blonde smiled slightly as she looked down.

"well then brown, tell me about you." paige replied sitting back in her chair. sadie sat her phone down as she grabbed the soda she had ordered.

"what do you wanna know bueckers?"

that night sadie spent the time answering questions that the blonde would throw at her. paige sat listening to the girl, letting smiles or laughs slip out. nika and kk looked back at the two eyeing them from across the bar.

"how much you wanna bet they get together?"

BAD IDEA.