▫️ Twenty nine

LILITH

I loved Saturday mornings- unless I was on duty.

Today being the start of my free weekend, I had planned to sleep in until noon but I was surprisingly up at eight.

I never really understood why this always happened. When you were free, sleep was ever far from you but the moment you got busy, you dozed off in almost everything.

I even got the motivation to clean that early. By the time it was half past ten, I had already finished all the house chores.

I slumped myself on the sofa in the living room where Orion had been watching since nine.

It was a sci-fi film with a bit of horror, a terrible choice for a Saturday morning.

To me, mornings like this were for something light, like a cartoon or something. I had grown used to that since my early years.

It reminded me of how Orion and I used to hide the remote from each other so that we could watch our favorite shows first.

"Wanna change to something else?" He dropped the remote between us, stretching back.

"You should have asked that twenty years ago," I smacked his back with my hand before changing to something else.

"Twenty?" He sat up as I went through the channels for something interesting.

"Has it really been that long?" He asked, picking up some fallen popcorn on the couch.

"Y-yeah," I grimaced when he threw the popcorn into his mouth and chewed, rising an eyebrow at me.

"Did you watch till late yesterday?" I asked when he picked up another piece from his left side.

"Mmh," he replied passively, his attention returning to the screen where he'd put back his previous show.

When he came home, all he ever did was watch and eat but I wasn't complaining.

I took out my phone to text Enzo about our plans later in the day. We were supposed to go checkout this store that we'd liked online.

After much consideration, we had singled out that outlet for setting up our business.

It was average sized, located at the heart of the city with a few similar businesses thriving around it so it was a perfect fit for us.

The rent was quite reasonable, Enzo and I hadn't discussed that yet but I had set aside a decent amount of money for that.

I smiled at Enzo's last message. After the event yesterday, we hadn't really had time to ourselves with my brother around so the most we could do now was texting.

Crossing my legs, I replied to the picture he'd send me. Gary was dozing off at his feet as he worked on something on his laptop.

'Mornings are not the same without you' was the caption for the picture.

We chatted about what we were doing and I smiled each time he send me a cheesy but sweet text about missing me.

I almost forgot Orion beside me until he cleared his throat. I looked up from my phone, cutting down my smile.

"Is there something you need to tell me?" Orion asked after a few seconds and I narrowed my eyes at the question.

This wasn't about Enzo, or was it? I feigned confusion to his question and shook my head, just as another message came in from Enzo.

Orion looked down at my phone and I quickly covered the screen with my palm. He looked at me with a questioning brow but I shrugged my shoulders.

"What could I be hiding?" I mumbled, discreetly moving away from him.