Chapter 25

*3 months earlier*

"Are you sure?" Pri asked as she changed Malti's diaper.

"Yeah, it won't hurt to take a look." She shrugged.

"It's just... you know..."

"I know, Pri." Ann smiled warmly. "I love this house too. But it brings back too many memories. I feel like I really need... a fresh start."

"I get it." She nodded as she brushed Ann's shoulder. "I'm proud of you, you know? You're very strong."

"I'm trying." Ann shrugged.

"Do you want me to come with you?"

"No, thanks. I'm just going to have a look at what they have to offer. I think I'm going to bring the girls and mom with me, though. They should have a voice in this too."

"That's an amazing idea."

"Okay, I'll call you later. Bye." Ann gave her a kiss on the cheek and went back home.

"Girls! Put your coats on, we're going on a trip!"

They got ready and drove to the real estate agency that was recommended to Ann. From what she heard, most celebrities got their houses from them. She was hoping that they were offering normal-sized houses as well and not only mansions and enormous apartments.

They walked inside and all their jaws dropped when they saw the huge tall hall decorated with lots of exotic plants and flowers. It looked amazing and... rich.

"Hello, how can I help you?" Said the lady behind the front desk.

"Hi, I was wondering if I could talk with someone about your offer."

"Oh, I'm really sorry, you have to make an appointment for that." She said with a sad voice. "But I'm gonna check if maybe someone is available right now."

"Thank you." Ann smiled and brushed Willa's curls.

"Actually..." she said as she looked at her computer. "Our boss is, but let me just make a quick call if he's able to take you. He's not usually doing stuff like that."

"Oh, don't bother. I'll just make an appointment and come back another day."

"Let me try. It's my job." She smiled and winked at her as she picked up her phone and clicked some buttons. "Hello, Mr. Parker. I have a client here interested in our offer, but she doesn't have an appointment. Could I send her over?" There was a pause. "I'm sorry, what's your name?" She asked, bringing her attention to Ann.

"Jonas. Ann Jonas."

"Ann Jonas." She repeated to the phone. "Okay, I'll let her know. Thank you." She put down the phone. "You're very lucky, he's more than happy to help you. Just take the elevator to the fifth floor and it will be the first door to your right."

"Thank you so much!" She smiled at the lovely lady and they all went into the elevator.

"She was so nice!" Sophie said.

"Right?" Ann smiled.

"Mommy, I'm hungry!" Willa whined.

"You just had breakfast."

"But daddy always gives us a snack after breakfast!"

"Well, you're with mommy now. And we're gonna grab lunch when we're done here."

The elevator opened and they walked out of it and turned right, just as the lady said. There was a big office with glass doors. She looked at the man behind the desk and her heart immediately sank as she recognized him right away.