Chapter 16

The days had passed and Joe's talk show was up and running. People were obsessed and Joe couldn't be more happier. There were some big starts involved like Ryan Tedder, Jon Bellion, John Legend and many more. Considering they were all Joe's friends the show turned out to be pretty funny.

Meanwhile, Ann just... sat at home. She got multiple job offers and she went on multiple job interviews, but nothing really stood out to her. It was either far away or without possibility to work from home. She needed a job where she could be with the girls whenever they need her.

„Hey, mom." She answered the phone.

„Hey, sweetie. How is it going?"

„Oh, you know. Same old, same old." She smiled weakly as she stirred the soup.

„Did you got any new job offers?"

„I get like ten a day. But they're all worthless." She sighed.

„Oh, honey... Do you want me to ask around here in LA?"

„Mom, we're in New York." Ann chuckled.

„I know that. But maybe someone will be offering a work from home job."

„I don't know, mum. Most of the time these kind of jobs require a face to face meeting from time to time. That would only complicate things."

„Okay, honey. I won't if you don't want to."

„Maybe I'll have a look when we'll be in LA."

„Oh, I'm so excited!" Sophie clapped her hands. „I miss you guys so much."

„Samsies. Two more days." Ann smiled. „Okay mom, gotta get back to my soup or I'll burn it. Talk to you later. Bye!"

„Bye, honey!"

Ann sighed as she ended the call. She stirred the soup again and then leaned against the kitchen counter looking around their penthouse. It was all so... modern and minimalist. It didn't feel like home to her. She tried to buy some decorations like pillows, flowers and vases but it all just looked... forced.

She couldn't wait to go back to LA and spend some time in their beach house. Joe was going to have a two week break from work and they decided to go back to LA for that time to spend some quality family time. That too, but mostly Ann just wanted to get out of New York. As fast as possible. For as long as possible.

She checked the time on her phone. 11:34 pm. They finish shooting at 11 pm, so he should be home any minute. She closed the lid on the soup, so it won't cool down and sat on the couch.

Never in a million years would she thought she would be a stay at home mom. She didn't have to work. Joe provided enough money for them to sleep peacefully. But she couldn't. She didn't want to. She wasn't the type of person to sit around at home all day. She needed to get out, spend time with other people. Sitting at home was like a torture to her.

Joe:
Hey, babe. We're out grabbing a drink with the crew. Don't wait with dinner. Love you!

Ann sighed and pushed her head back. She got up and hid the soup in the fridge. She wasn't even hungry. She did it only for him, knowing he will be tired and hungry when he'll get back.

She turned the lights off and went upstairs. She took a quick shower, checked on the girls and jumped in her bed. She looked out of their big window overlooking the whole city. There were lights everywhere as the city never sleeps. It was a Saturday, so the people were out partying and having fun. Including Joe. Meanwhile she was stuck in that... dark box that is called their house now.

She closed her eyes and after a few minutes drifted off to sleep.

She opened her eyes and frowned as she looked at the time. 8 a.m. Usually the girls wake up around 6 a.m. She heard noises coming from downstairs, indicating that they are probably with Joe.