Chapter 6

„Oh my god, it smells amazing!" Ann gasped as she picked up the salad to put it on table.

„I bet there's a secret ingredient too." Joe rolled his eyes as he put down the mashed potatoes.

„Very funny, Joseph. I'm not that old yet." Priyanka laughed as the doorbell started to ring.

„That's probably Mark. I'll get it." Nick said, putting down his oven mitts.

In the meantime, Ann and Joe were placing plates on the table. Nick opened the door and it was indeed Mark. He was wearing a white shirt and black dress pants. He brought wine as a gift and flowers for Priyanka. Nick hugged him and took the wine from him as Mark walked into the kitchen with the flowers. Nick walked to the table and placed the bottle on the table as they watched Pri take the flowers from him.

„Such a gentleman." Nick smirked, punching Joe in the arm.

„Shut up." Joe rolled his eyes as he walked to Willa to get her seated for dinner.

„Hello again." Ann turned around hearing Mark's voice.

„Hi!" Ann smiled wide and gave him a hug.

„Make yourself comfortable, dinner will be right up. Babe, come help me with the meat!" Pri said, grabbing Nick by the arm.

„Hey man." Joe said, walking to the table and sitting Willa in her chair.

„Hey." He smiled as Joe walked up to him and gave him a handshake and a pat on the arm.

„Sorry about earlier. I was a bit tired from the gym." Joe said, rubbing his neck.

„Oh don't be. It was my fault, I shouldn't have entered your house unannounced."

„Hey, it's my house too!" Ann frowned. „I invited you. Stop feeling like an intruder." She rolled her eyes and smiled at him.

„I'm sorry, I just feel like you guys are too good to me." He chuckled.

„Stop." Ann rolled her eyes again. „Sit down and enjoy our company."

„Yes, ma'am." He laughed as he took a seat.

Everyone got seated, Malti and Willa on high chairs next to each other. They each got a portion of food, but of course had to steal from one another, making a mess around them as they did.

They enjoyed their food while talking and laughing. They had a nice time and Ann even noticed Joe getting more comfortable with Mark around. He seemed like a genuine guy and had the same sense of humor as the brothers.

„Man, I'm going to miss this." Nick sighed, cleaning his face with a napkin.

„Miss?" Mark frowned.

„Yeah, we're leaving for tour in a couple of days for a month." Nick nodded.

Ann looked down at her plate and played with her food. She tried not to think about it and enjoy the time they had, but somewhere at the back of her mind it was killing her.

„Oh wow..." Mark raised his eyebrows. „That's a long time away from home and your girls."

„Yeah." Joe sighed, putting down his fork. „That's what you get for being a world famous superstar."

„Oh my god." Ann chuckled, shaking her head. „The size of your ego, man."

„At least his ego is big." Nick said quietly, earning a slap in the arm from Priyanka.

„Don't start this again, Nicholas." Joe frowned, pointing his finger at his younger brother.

„Anyone in the mood to watch some old family photos?" Nick clapped his hands with a smirk.