75.

You

The underground bunker is bigger than I thought.

We have all we need here.

A big kitchen, living room, four big bedrooms, two big bathrooms, a study and operation room, a library and even some kind of gaming room with a poker table, no surprise, a billard table, arcade machines and game consoles with a big TV screen. Sylus said there are even more special rooms, but I haven't seen them, yet.

And then there's a whole floor for supplies beneath the living area. I can tell that there's definitely enough food and other supplies you need for years.

Sylus is in the operation room and talks to his men while I strive through all the rooms. It's actually pretty cozy here.

When I enter the bedrooms, I wonder which one will be Sylus's room and which one will be mine.

Or maybe we will have one together...

I mean, after what he said in front of everyone he'll probably want me to sleep in his room...

Or better do other things with him there...

»Decided which room you want, yet?«

I'm startled by his voice from behind me.

He leans in the door frame and watches me.

»No. I didn't know I have to choose.«

»Of course you can. I personally don't care.«

Does that mean he wants me to decide for the both of us?

»I mean...You could change the room you want to sleep in everyday. There's no one else here.«

»You are here...«

»Indeed. And I don't care. Although...«

He pushes away from the door and comes to me.

»You know I'd prefer to have you in my room everyday...«

»I know...«

I nervously chew on my lower lip.

»But you don't have to. Just let me know.«

»The things you said back at your villa...they sounded different...«

As if someone flipped a switch, the tension in the air rises drastically.

»You're right. And I meant it. But I would never do anything you don't want. I promised, remember? And I never go back on my word...«

He leans closer and I'm not sure if it's on purpose or unconsciously.

»I know...«, I whisper, my eyes glued to his lips.

»Keep looking at my lips like that and I will have you on those sheets behind you in one second...«

I flinch, his words pulling me out of the trance.

I clear my throat and step back, avoiding his gaze.

»Any new information from your men?«, I try to change the subject.

Sylus takes a deep breath before he answers.

»No. They sent out people to locate their base. It's possible that Magnus is doing the same thing and hides somewhere else.«

»Sure.«

A silence coats the room.

I don't know how to behave when he's around.
He said so many beautiful things to me and showed me precisly how much I mean to him...

But I'm still cautious.

I'm scared to let myself feel those things for him, too.

Sure, I know I've already fallen for him in a way.

But he's Sylus.

I shouldn't have those feelings...