94.

You

I just stare into his eyes.

This can't be happening!

Not before we had a chance to find out if we could actually work out!

Not before I...

»Sylus...«, I breath.

He stares back at me, the light in his eyes disipating by the second.

»You can't die on me like that, Sylus! I can't let you, because I love you!«

The thought of never being able to tell him was just unbearable. I just had to.
And his eyes light up a little, his emotions mirrored in them.

»Fucking hell, it's time to end this already! Kill them!«, I hear Magnus yelling.

And then...

Our shield of shadows is gone and the wanderer girl smirks at me over Sylus's shoulder, her hand up like she just made a wiping movement.

She just wiped my shadows away!

I know I only have a few seconds to decide what to do...

My brain works so fast that I think it's the aethercore taking over.

I need to get Sylus to safety.

I need to end the wanderer.

And then I need to rip some heads off.

I sense the evols around me, two familiar and one new one.

Dr. Corvins evol.

That could work!

In less then a second I do several things simultanously.

I rip all the shards and thorns out of Sylus's body with the shadows.

I shoot a massive fireball toward the wanderer.

And I claim a new power from the bitch.

The wanderer crashes against the wall, lying on the floor for a moment, just enough time to use the ice power I gained to freeze Sylus body.

Or, in other words, I stop him from bleeding out and seal his insides, hoping it works and won't make even more damage.

»What are you-«

»I will not let you die, bastard! Because I need you alive to kill you myself for putting yourself in this situation!«, I retort.

I teleport with him out of the "combat zone" and lean him against the wall.

»Stay here, don't move, and, for fucks sake, don't die!«

I kiss him for a long moment before turning back to our enemies, just at the right moment to see the wanderer jumping towards me.

I pull up my arms in defence, a wave of heated energy burst out of them, right into her.

She flys back with a high pitched scream.

I use the momentum to grab her in the air with the shadows, but she forms two balls of fire in her hands that rocket straight in my direction.
This forces me to let go of her and counter the attack with an ice wall.

The fire balls ricochet and evaporate.

An idea forms in my head...

But I have no time, as Magnus, Dr. Corvin and the wanderer come at me at the same time, using shadows, fire and ice to end me.

»Combine it...«, I hear Sylus say behind me in a still strangled voice.

I turn to him.

»Just my thoughts...«