─ chapter five ; "oh my!"

✨✨✨

✨✨✨

─  ; APHRODITE POV

Three days had passed since Jessi and I failed to set Uncle and Mama Erica up. It was disappointing to say the least, but good things take time (I hope).

Much had stayed the same, long shifts at the diner with no hide nor hair of Fallon and his group, studying, and spending all the remaining time I had left with Jessi, Theo, Mama Erica and Uncle.

My violin lessons resumed after my instructor, Mrs. Rafe, gave birth and was back at home with her baby boy.

Life was good – even happier now that my family was so ecstatic that the Blackbourne-Toma team was expected back in Charleston any day now.
A celebration was to be held as soon as we got word they were back in south carolina. Jessi and I were ordered to pick up some last minute decorations to put around Uncle's house.
Everyone was so excited, yet I was conflicting. Of course I was happy that they were coming back, yet I was so nervous at the thought of meeting them that black spots raced across my vision at the thought of making a bad impression.

Ugh.

I threw an arm over my eyes and whimpered.

I really needed to stop acting like a baby. I was twenty years old and sick to my stomach at the thought of meeting people and them not liking me.

Once again, UGH.

Sick of feeling sorry for myself, I pulled myself off my bed to try to at least act like I was being more productive than I actually was.

Changing out of my clothes, I slipped on an oversized white sweater with pink ribbon threaded throughout the sides and down the arms before I donned a pair of spandex shorts underneath.
So if there was any possibility of me falling, I'd had some covering of some sort to cover my goods.
Pulling on a pair of lacy socks, I slipped my tan platform uggs right after.

My hair was already pulled into a half up, half down hairdo complete with a pink ribbon so I left it be and journeyed downstairs to take my place next to Uncle while he watched Food Network.

Seeing that it was only five pm on the watch that was decorating Uncle's wrist, an idea popped in my head.

"Uncle?" my voice was low and twinkled like a bell.

His dark chocolate colored eyes shot down to stare at me, "Hmm?"

He threw an arm over my shoulder and pulled me close to his side, shielding me as if a father would and I reveled in it.

He was my dad in all my blood. But as uncle says, Family is a choice.

"I was wondering," I sucked my bottom lip into my mouth and perked up, "can I go exploring in the woods? I want to gather a new wildflower bouquet for the house and another for Mama Erica."