─ chapter fifteen ; "thanks, uncle."

✨✨✨

✨✨✨

; APHRODITE POV

My lip was constantly sucked into my mouth and nibbled on once our orders were brought to the table by Marc and one of the waitresses.
Reaching out to grasp the plastic cup that contained my boba, I sipped slowly as the boys conversed around me.

Every now and then, their gazes would collide with mine. Sending my flush into a frenzy every tint they would relax and smile.

"What are your plans for the day, sweetcheeks?" Luke piped up from beside me, voice alight with humor when I jumped.

I cleared my throat, can't help but avoid his pretty eyes. "I dunno–" pursing my lips in thought, "Maybe go hang out with Uncle and then sleep." 

Luke's eyes glistened in happiness. Yet I looked around the cafe, feet twitching in preparation to run if the mean Russian showed up after his boyfriend.

"Raven's not going to come busting in here," a sunny voice tinged with sheepishness piped up from down the table. I squeaked at the name and jerked my head to stare at Corey.

The handsome blonde man was flushed and shy as he avoided looking into my eyes for more than three seconds. Mentally, I awed at the sight.

"...you are sure?" My lips trembled. Fear making me sick.

Corey frowned sadly.

"He's sorry." He finally whispered, everyone at the table was listening in and I became uncomfortable. I squirmed in my seat and to my surprise, latched myself to Gabriel side.

I felt him tense at the feel of my body pressed to him, but soon relaxed enough to throw his lean, strong hand to my bare waist and smirked.

"I won't let him near you, sweetie." He cooed, fingers coming up to pinch my cheeks.

I giggled.

I continued to zone out and just listen in to the conversations happening around me until we were all done with our beverages. Victor and Kota helped take up the empty cup and take them to the counter for Marc to clean and put up after we left.

"You ready to leave, princess? We'll drop you off at Uncle's on our way back if you'd like–"

"She would but she's riding with us," Kota put in with a victorious grin which at first seemed so unlike him I couldn't help but hide a smile underneath their heavy gazes.

Victor blinked. "Okay then," he coughed, seemingly hiding an amused spark in his fire like eyes as they roared. "I'll see you another time then, Aphrodite. It was a pleasure meeting you." He took my little hand in his and placed a kiss upon the top.

I blushed was brighter than the hottest of fires. "It was nice meeting you too." I squeaked, feeling my heart race. I couldn't help the slight tremble of my hand when his lips came in contact with my skin.