─ chapter eleven ; "princess in pink."

✨✨✨

✨✨✨

─  APHRODITE POV

Jessi watched me like a hawk at the other end of the diner. I was actively avoiding her after she confronted me, playfully of course, about her brother.  Of course it was because of the embarrassing crush I had on him.

This all happened when she came to pick me up this morning. And according to her, she wasn't done just yet.

I was going to be kidnapped by her after our shift. She bribed me with an offer I just couldn't resist. She was going to go with me to my favorite clothing store.

Princess in Pink was a coquette themed store that I had bought every article of clothing I owned from there. The owner, Madame Laurie, knew me very well at this point. Jessi hated going to the store with me. Don't get me wrong, she loved shopping. Just not as much as I did.

I whimpered out a breath. Why must I be so weak willed? I picked at my pink bootlegged sweatpants and stared down at my favorite adidas shoes I chose for today. My hair was in a pretty bun with my rose clip snug against the back of my head.

The sleeves of my white cropped shirt rubbed softly against the bare skin of my tummy as I stared at Jessi – from across the bustling room – straight in the eyes. Rubbing the lace and ribbon roses on my shirt, I pouted my lips.

Goddess help me.

I huffed out a tiny breath and scampered across the room to her side and tucked myself into her side. We were on a short break since everyone was taken care of at the moment.

Jessi hummed underneath her breath, "You planning on staying over tonight?"

I nodded against her shoulder, watching the door of the diner closely for any sight of Fallon or his friends. I relaxed when I saw no one.

"Yeah. Is Mama Erica gonna be there?" I hoped she wasn't taking another night shift. My mind wandered to Uncle Phil, hoping he was taking care of himself. Not overworking his mind and body, as per usual.

Maybe I should take him some lunch one day this week?

Sounded like a good idea to me.

I sprung into action the moment the bell above the door twinkled. Allowing everyone to know that more customers walked through.

"Look what the dogs dragged in..." Jessi whispered teasingly in my ear as the blood drained from my face.

Three men walked through the door. Familiar men. The greek I recognized instantly. My blood boiled with awe as the greek giant stepped through the door, taller than anyone in this establishment. Silas scratched absentmindedly at the beard along his jaw, dark soulful eyes observing the place.

I trembled.

The men that walked in after him were just as magnificent and only about an inch shorter than he was.