6. Odd Handwriting and Eerie Music

██ 20% *___*

███ 40% *___*

█████ 80% *___*

██████ 100% *___*

⋘ 𝑃𝑙𝑒𝑎𝑠𝑒 𝑤𝑎𝑖𝑡... ⋙

╔══════ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══════╗

In my panic, I shoot up so fast that the chair I was sitting on nearly performs a full Olympic-level backflip. My hand fumbles as I shove it into my pocket, slowly pulling out the tiny note the girl slipped me.

Honestly, it could just be the setup for a terrible prank, but at this point, I'm drowning in boredom so deep that even a bad joke feels like a life raft. I hold the small note firmly between my fingers, my eyes boring into the clock on the counter as if it owes me money

"5:53 PM, finally!"

I whisper in anticipation, carefully peeling open the small note as if it holds the secrets of the universe. I'm half expecting some skibidi toilet Ohio rizz shit written in the worst handwriting ever but who cares. As long as it cures my boredom.

And there, in my hands, lies the paper now fully revealed, graced with a chaotic scrawl that is as messy as it is familiar, yet somehow elegant in its mystery:

1373-10, Myeon-𝒅𝒐𝒏𝒈.

"...eh?" I mutter, squinting at the note like I'm expecting the address to magically rewrite itself into something I can actually understand. I flip it over, hoping for more context, maybe a clue, or even a doodle. Nope. Just the address.

"Am I supposed to kidnap the kid...?" The idea seems absurd, but in the midst of the chaos and the sheer boredom I've been experiencing, it doesn't seem entirely out of the question.

"Ugh! I can't be this naïve."

I groan in frustration, scratching my head as if that might erase the embarrassment. With a dramatic flourish, I crumple the paper into a tight ball and hurl it into the dustbin with a triumphant score.

I lean back against the counter, grappling with a cocktail of irritation and disbelief. The irritation stems from the fact that the highly anticipated message turns out to be nothing more than a frivolous prank. The disbelief is reserved for the absurdity of being targeted by a nine-year-old.

"Everything good out there?"

I glance up to find Seono emerging from the kitchen, her gaze sharp with curiosity as her eyebrow arches in question. "Yeah, yeah, don't worry about it." I reply, trying to mask my frustration.

"Very well. We ran out of choco chips, so I'mma go buy some. Take care of the shop."

As she rushes out the door, I can't help but notice the streak of flour still smudged across her cheek, a remnant of her kitchen escapades. I open my mouth to call after her, but she's already gone, leaving me to handle the café by myself. "Grea-ACK!"