9. Librarian and Granola Bar

██ 20% *___*

███ 40% *___*

█████ 80% *___*

██████ 100% *___*

⋘ 𝑃𝑙𝑒𝑎𝑠𝑒 𝑤𝑎𝑖𝑡... ⋙

╔══════ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══════╗

: ̗̀➛ꜱᴇᴘᴛ 29, ꜱᴜɴᴅᴀʏ

I slowly pry my eyes open, a groan escaping my lips as the unforgiving light streams through the window, piercing my senses. Instinctively, I squeeze my eyes shut, but the throbbing pain in my skull is relentless. As I attempt to raise a hand to cradle my aching forehead, a jolt of agony shoots through my left arm, reminding me of the fragility of my state.

"Jesus..."

Taehyun.

I shoot upright in my bed, heart racing as I frantically scan my surroundings, searching for the young boy whose presence lingers in my mind. Yet, the only sight that greets me is the chaotic disarray of my room and an open door, yawning like a void.

It feels as though the universe is toying with my heart once more, mocking my longing with the silence that envelops me.

I slam my face into the pillow, a loud groan escaping my lips. My head is pounding mercilessly, a relentless drumbeat of pain echoing in my skull. Yet, the true ache lies deeper, gnawing at my heart-the agonizing realization that everything from yesterday was nothing but a cruel illusion. His soothing words and gentle touches replay in my mind, tantalizing echoes of comfort that now feel like shards of glass, cutting into me. All of it is nothing more than the bitter fruit of my imagination, leaving a hollow emptiness in its wake.

I sit up, placing a trembling hand on my chest, desperate to calm the storm brewing within.

"Alright, calm down. This isn't your first time seeing this-"

But I abruptly halt, dragging my hand down my face in frustration, wiping away the sweat and the remnants of my fleeting hopes.

I shuffle off the bed and glance in the mirror, cringing at the sight. My hair looks like it lost a battle with a tornado, and my eyes are puffy and red, resembling a raccoon that just got dumped.

I stumble my way to the door, peeking into the living room. A wave of relief washes over me when I spot the familiar back of Mihi.

"Mihiii!" She spins around at the sound of my voice, her face a perfect blend of relief and worry.

"Oh my god Dae, you're finally awake! I was so worried!" She drops the ramen packet she's been holding and strides over like she's on a mission, cupping my face with both hands.