21. Hot Water and Coffee

██ 20% *___*

███ 40% *___*

█████ 80% *___*

██████ 100% *___*

⋘ 𝑃𝑙𝑒𝑎𝑠𝑒 𝑤𝑎𝑖𝑡... ⋙

╔══════ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══════╗

: ̗̀➛ꜱᴇᴘᴛ 28, ꜱᴀᴛᴜʀᴅᴀʏ

"Dae, Dae, Dae, Dae, Dae, Dae, Da—"

I groan as her voice drills into my skull, breaking through my sleep like nails on a chalkboard. Without even opening my eyes, I swing my pillow blindly, smacking her with it. A victorious little grin spreads across my face as she lets out a frustrated sigh.

"Good morning to you too." she mutters, yanking the pillow out of my grasp.

I shove my face back into the mattress with a huff, trying to block out the world. "Leave me alone." I mumble, my words muffled by the sheets. "It's too early for this."

"Girl, get up. We have uni in like... twenty minutes."

Twenty minutes?! 

That snaps me awake. My eyes fly open as I shoot up in bed, looking around for a clock. Sure enough, the time mocks me from the corner of my phone screen.

"What the hell, Mihi?! Why didn't you wake me up earlier?" I half-yell, panic setting in.

She raises an eyebrow, clearly unimpressed. "I tried. You called me a demon and threw a pillow at me, remember?"

I stare at her blankly for a moment, her words barely sinking in as a sudden wave of exhaustion and restlessness washes over me. The weight of it presses down on my chest, making my limbs feel heavier than they should. Without another word, I turn and bury my face deep into the cold mattress, which feels far more comfortable than it has any right to.

"I'm skipping classes today." I mumble, my voice muffled by the fabric. "I feel a little sick."

Mihi's eyes narrow, and she crosses her arms, clearly not buying it. "Sick? Or you just don't want to get out of bed?"

I shrug, not caring enough to argue. It isn't just about the bed or skipping class. Something inside me feels... off, like the world has shifted, and I can't keep up with it.

"Just for today." I mumble into the mattress.

Mihi sighs, placing her bag down before sitting beside me. "Are you sure you want to take leave, though? I mean, you were waiting for this day since like—forever."

Lifting my head, I squint at her, confusion crossing my face. "No, I wasn't? It's just a boring Saturday. Why would I look forward to it?"

Her face falls, like I have said something entirely wrong. There is a flicker of disbelief, something unreadable behind her eyes. "Cause today's the da—" She stops mid-sentence, shaking her head. "Y'know what, never mind. Stay home, get some rest."