12. Mom and Dad

██ 20% *___*

███ 40% *___*

█████ 80% *___*

██████ 100% *___*

⋘ 𝑃𝑙𝑒𝑎𝑠𝑒 𝑤𝑎𝑖𝑡... ⋙

Trigger Warning: This chapter contains themes of suicide, grief, and emotional abuse

Trigger Warning: This chapter contains themes of suicide, grief, and emotional abuse. Reader discretion is advised.

╔══════ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══════╗

The next two days blur by in a whirlwind of responsibilities. An avalanche of homework, back-to-back classes -

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

I stood still, extending my shaky hands that held the worn-out note. The professor glanced at me before snatching it from my grip, his eyes scanning the contents with an intensity that made my heart race.

I bit my lower lip, nervously studying his expression, searching for any hint of approval or disapproval. From the back bench, I could feel Wooyoung's curious gaze fixed on us, and in that moment, I had never wanted to poke someone's eyes out more than I did that moment.

Together, we had pooled our meager intellects to tackle a problem whose solution we doubted. And our traditional game of rock, paper, scissors had ultimately chosen me as the sacrificial lamb to present our findings.

"So, what do you think? Do you believe you've solved the problem?" The professor's voice cut through my anxious thoughts, snapping me back to the present.

"Uhh... yeah?" I replied, my voice wavering slightly.

"Hmmm. I don't recall 'How can you love me when I'm still learning to love myself?' being part of the problem." he remarked, his tone dripping with disdain.

My head tilted in confusion at his words. Wait, that sounded familiar...

He shut the note with a sudden snap, causing me to flinch involuntarily. I caught a glimpse of Wooyoung flinching as well, mirroring my reaction to the abrupt movement.

"You idiot! This is your lyrics note! Stop wasting my time and leave!" he barked, his frustration palpable.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

And an extended shift at my part-time job. The extra two hours tacked onto my shift, courtesy of some arbitrary punishment, only add to the chaos -

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"C'mon, what are you doing?! I can still see the spots!"