11. Cat Memes and Warnings

██ 20% *___*

███ 40% *___*

█████ 80% *___*

██████ 100% *___*

⋘ 𝑃𝑙𝑒𝑎𝑠𝑒 𝑤𝑎𝑖𝑡... ⋙

╔══════ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══════╗

: ̗̀➛ꜱᴇᴘᴛ 30, ᴍᴏɴᴅᴀʏ

📍Seoul National University

The click of a cup being placed gently on the table before me pulls me back to the world I am, unfortunately, in. I look down at the cup, half-filled with hot, steaming coffee, and then my gaze drifts up to the figure who offers a warm smile before taking the seat across from me. It's the cashier from the other day.

"Hey."

I blink, trying to shake off the lingering haze of exhaustion clouding my mind. "Hey yourself." I manage, a faint smile tugging at my lips despite the heavy weight still pressing on my chest.

He tilts his head slightly, concern softening his features. "You looked a bit troubled, so I thought I'd bring you something to take your mind off it." He slides the cup closer, and I can't help but feel the corners of my mouth lift slightly as I shake my head.

"I don't have any money on me right now—"

"Don't worry about it; it's my treat" he interrupts with a casual wave of his hand, his confidence radiating like the warmth from the coffee.

I hesitate, the remnants of earlier stress still clinging to me like a second skin. "Are you sure? You really don't have to do that."

"Seriously, it's no big deal." he insists, flashing a reassuring grin that's hard to resist. "I just wanted to help."

I exhale slowly, the tension in my shoulders beginning to ease as I pick up the cup, wrapping my hands around it and savoring the comforting warmth that seeps into my fingers. "Thank you. I really appreciate it." I say, finally allowing myself to relax, even if just a little.

"Anytime." He leans back in his chair with an easy grace. His expression shifts to one of gentle sincerity as he continues, scratching his head awkwardly. "I heard what happened recently... I'm truly sorry for your loss."

I smiled softly and set the cup back down, shaking my hands dismissively. "It's fine. I'm over it, anyway."

Am I really?

"That's good to hear... uh..."

"Dae, Kwon Dae." I say, offering a small smile, and he nods with a look of recognition.

"Dae! Don't worry too much, Dae. Everyone's here for you." His grin widens, warm and genuine, as he continues, "I'll make sure to give you a little sweet every time I see you at the canteen!"