4. Cafés and Strange Notes

██ 20% *___*

███ 40% *___*

█████ 80% *___*

██████ 100% *___*

⋘ 𝑃𝑙𝑒𝑎𝑠𝑒 𝑤𝑎𝑖𝑡... ⋙

╔══════ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══════╗

"Oh, hell nah."

He practically vaults out of his chair, grabbing the boxes from the table with lightning speed before bolting toward the exit, leaving a flurry of startled students in his wake.

"AYE, WAIT FOR ME!" I snatch up our bags and sprint after him, the two of us plowing through students like we're starring in a low-budget action movie, leaving behind a wake of annoyed grunts and eye rolls.                                                                                                 
We swiftly hop onto Wooyoung's bike, tearing down the road with the wind howling around us as he pedals furiously, determined to reach the café before the clock strikes. Though the café is just a stone's throw from the university, navigating through the maze of cars on the narrow road is a Herculean task.

But just the thought of our manager— who has a penchant for punctuality so intense, he might just send us to the corner for a timeout if we're even a minute late made him speed up.

"CAN YOU PEDAL ANY FASTER?" I shout into the wind, clinging desperately to the handlebars for dear life.

"THIS IS A BIKE, HOW FAST DO YOU EXPECT IT TO GO?" Wooyoung retorts, his voice barely audible over the rush of air.

"WE'RE GONNA BE FUCKING LATE"   

"SHUT UP, I'M TRYNA GET US THERE IN ONE PIECE"

We round the final corner, and the café's name appears in our sight like a beacon of salvation. With a final, heroic burst of energy, Wooyoung thrusts the cycle forward, only for it to screech to a dramatic halt right in front of the café entrance. We almost topple over in a spectacular display, before landing on the back wheel like a pair of clumsy stunt performers.

We park the bike with a thud and collapse onto the two black chairs outside the café, too exhausted to make it inside. We sit there, panting heavily, as the adrenaline ebbs away, leaving behind a burning ache in our limbs. The chairs feel like the most luxurious thrones in existence as we struggle to catch our breath.

I wipe the sweat from my forehead and survey our surroundings. The café is bustling with activity. People are scattered around, savoring their favorite drinks while chatting and laughing with friends. A few patrons glance at us with amused grins, clearly entertained by the little spectacle we provided outside.

I bury my face in my hands, trying to hide my embarrassment, and glance over at Wooyoung, who looks on the verge of passing out.

"Why are we so unfit?"