7. Friendly Stranger and Witchcraft

██ 20% *___*

███ 40% *___*

█████ 80% *___*

██████ 100% *___*

⋘ 𝑃𝑙𝑒𝑎𝑠𝑒 𝑤𝑎𝑖𝑡... ⋙

╔══════ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══════╗

The anger on my face evaporates completely, replaced by confusion. My lips part slightly as I take a step back, searching his expression for some sort of explanation. "What...?" I manage to ask, my voice barely above a whisper.

His gaze remains locked on mine, unwavering and filled with a kind of gravity that makes my chest tighten.

"The note." he repeats, his tone slow and deliberate, as if weighing each word. "Did you try getting rid of it?"

I don't speak, just nod, the weight of the situation beginning to creep into my bones.

"And did it come back to you all by itself?"

My jaw practically drops as I slowly nod again.

"This isn't just a simple piece of paper with an address" he continues, his voice quieter "Something-or someone-wants you here."

I swallow hard, the air around us thick with tension. "What do you mean? I-I don't understand" My voice trembles slightly, betraying the confusion that coils in my stomach.

He sighs and places the paper on the table behind him. "Lemme ask you this." The boy turns back to me as I put some space between us. "Did you lose anyone recen-"

He abruptly stops, his expression shifting to one of surprise as he stares at me with a frown.

"What?" I ask, confusion swirling in my mind.

"Are you-are you Huiningkai's friend?"

I blink, thrown off balance. "Um maybe...?"
"Give me a proper answer girl!"
"Alright alright, Yes I am"

He leans back, bringing a hand up to scratch his head, his expression softening into one of contemplation. "Huh... interesting." he murmurs, more to himself than to me.

"But how do you know him?"

For the first time since I barged into his house, a smile creeps onto his face, and he points to himself. "Yang Jeongin! Ring any bells? You came with Kai that day, though we didn't really get to see each other."

I blink, my mind racing to piece it together. "Wait... that's you?"

He nods, his smile widening. "Yup, the one and only."