CHAPTER 17.

Issadora just couldn't possibly gather herself together to inform Carex about what was happening to his brother since he was so hellbent on saving Perezchica. "So who are we tracking exactly?" She asked Carex as they followed swiftly behind the black van.

"Just drive faster!" Carex insisted as Issa just rolled her eyes. "I understand you've lost your memory and shit but I'm your best friend and you don't get to speak to me like this! I'm just trying to help so perhaps it's up to you to give me something" Issadora retorted as Carex just looked at her with some weird and confused glare but gradually gave in.

"They've got my brother... I need to save him..." He muttered out with his eyes still focused on the van speeding ahead of them. "Yeah.... brother... I see" Issa uttered rather slowly with glimpses of sarcasm. "You do realise you using your abilities like that in front of all those shit tons of people could land us all in trouble right?" She asked Carex who seemed to be nothing but clueless about what she was insinuating.

"What do you mean by us?" Carex asked as he began to gain some interest in what Issadora was saying. "Us?? Duh... Mutants...like your sorry ass?" She replied bluntly. "You mean you've got super powers like me?" Carex asked lit with a mixture surprise and doubt.

"Yes duh... You didn't think you are the only special one out there did you? There are a lot of us out there... Ones we know of and others that we don't. All that I know is that our abilities can't be made known to the public or else that'll be the end of us.." Issadora elucidated carefully and more seriously as Carex just turned away slowly towards the van ahead.

They had drifted far away from town and was now heading to some rather shady and secluded area. "Where the shit are these dumb fucks going?" Issadora cursed as she slowly followed behind the van as it gradually decelerated to a stop. The kidnappers got out as they carried Perezchica inside some rather huge building.

"Gosh I hate this place already..." Issadora muttered out silently as they both discreetly got down and snuck their way inside the building. The place was teeming with lots of guards but they easily got in somehow without being noticed.

"Let him....*shh*" Issadora covers Carex's mouth immediately before he outed them to those strange people to release Chica.

ISSADORA NARRATES;
Whatever I am doing at this time seems asinine but feels rather right. Besides, I can't possibly force Carex to go back with me given his tremendous and rather astonishing turnover.

Yes, I saw what happened back there and that was massive. I am not getting myself incinerated for no reason. Right now, helping him save his so called brother seems like the best option plus, I could fish out the answers I need from that impostor right after we're done saving his fake ass.

Okay so now, the building is super huge and empty. It looks a lot like a science laboratory. Almost a lot like that of uncle Tommy's just that this is like five times bigger. The place really gives me chills in the belly since it reeks of 'BSMO' vibes, the place my places sent me to after they discovered my abilities.

After sneaking around for what seemed like forever, we finally found rooms full of people. It seemed like they were having some sort of meeting. "Hey...you can't just go in there... I know their kind and trust me they probably have something in their possession even your abilities can't save you from..." I warned as Carex nearly stupidly outed us again.

After waiting around for a while, we heard someone say, "You've done a very good job... I see you even managed to bring them here... Bravo!" A voice uttered from inside the room as we heard people tip their fingers applauding. "What do you think they mean by bringing them here? Do you think they're talking about us?" I asked Carex as he just shrugged clueless.