Chapter 21: War plan

After 3 days

                    In morning royal court,

The king - “Explain your actions, Crown prince Albart.“

Crown prince - “I acted impulsively, Your Majesty. I await your judgement.“

Me - “Your Majesty, the Nalthis soldiers behaved unlawfully. They attempted to apprehend us without any cause. Your Highness the Crown prince merely defended us."

The king - “He could just disarm them, capture them, beat them some but why kill them thoroughly! Not only kill them but also burn them to a crisp! He was there as a regular adventurer. If those soldiers knew you guys were members of the royal family, they wouldn't act inappropriately.“

Me - “That's the problem, Your Majesty! They acted unscrupulously with our kingdom's adventurers. They arrested them & tortured them. As their guardian, we should seek justice for them.“

The king - “Nalthis kingdom is always finding an excuse to wage war against us. If we demand justice now, they will inevitably resort to war.“

Me - “Then we should respond accordingly. We will fight and teach them the might of a sleeping dragon.”

The king - "How insolent! Princess, do you understand the devastating consequences of war upon a kingdom? How it renders the lives of the common people miserable?"

Me - "Your Majesty, let us not engage in conflict near our borders. Instead, we shall mobilize our army and advance upon their kingdom. By taking the initiative, we will demonstrate our strength and prevent them from perceiving us as vulnerable."

The king - “Princess Alexandra, your confidence is notable. Nalthis is known for its battle-hardened army. Have you considered the consequences for our kingdom if we were to lose?”

Me - “While they may be battle-hardened, we are not to be underestimated too. With thorough preparation, victory is attainable. I humbly request your permission, Your Majesty.”

The king - “Ministers, what are your thoughts on this matter?”

Diplomatic minister - “Your Majesty, we collected news which conveyed that Chief commander of Nalthis believes our adventurers were involved in that incident and has filed a complaint with their king. The King of Nalthis is now demanding an explanation. It concerns me that telling the truth could lead to further issues, while sharing false information will not resolve the situation. To avoid conflict, we should compromise by handing over the adventurers, which is not a viable option. Instead, I recommend honesty and waiting for their response.”

Me - “Your Majesty, they'll just try to make things difficult for us. Why do we have to tolerate them to this degree? Please give the order to prepare for battle.“

Chief commander - “Your Majesty, we absolutely have the ability to win against Nalthis. We shouldn't compromise with that unscrupulous kingdom. Even if Your Majesty tries to negotiate with them, they may still wage war. They'll perceive our continuous tolerance as a sign of incapability.”

Crown prince - “I know I've done something wrong. But I don't regret my action of killing them. If any other adventurers of our kingdom were present there instead of us, they would have been detained & tortured without any reason. We shouldn't tolerate this injustice anymore, Your Majesty.“

The king - “Everyone present here should share your opinions. Then I'll announce my decision.”

Most of the ministers express their dissatisfaction with the arrogant ways of Nalthis, voicing their concerns. They discuss how Nalthis's attitude undermines diplomatic relations and creates tension among neighboring kingdoms.

However, when the question of war arises, a palpable hesitation fills the room. Each minister seems to weigh the potential consequences, torn between their desire for justice and the fear of conflict.

In light of this indecision, I take the initiative to propose a course of action to my father, the king himself. I suggest that he personally assess the progress of our army, believing that a firsthand evaluation will provide clarity and direction.

I emphasize the importance of understanding our military readiness and the morale of our troops, as well as the strategic advantages we might gain.

My hope is that by engaging directly with our forces, the king can make a more informed decision.

Under my guidance, the army has undergone a transformative evolution, emerging as a formidable force through a combination of rigorous training regimens and innovative strategies.

Now, our soldiers are more disciplined, confident, and cohesive than ever before. Reports indicate a marked improvement in morale, with troops expressing a renewed sense of pride in their capabilities.

The rigorous training has not only enhanced their combat skills but has also forged a deep-seated belief in their ability to protect our kingdom.

If the king himself assesses our military readiness, I am confident that he will see the fruits of our labor.

After morning court, at lunch table:

Me - “Father, you are harsh today at royal court. Why you're hesitating so much? Do you not believe in us,your children?“

Father - “My baby, I've to think about this whole kingdom & common people. I can't just rush into decisions on such a large scale matter. Please understand where I'm coming from."

Me - “I'll never do anything that endanger our kingdom or our people. I'll calculate everything perfectly. You have to believe in me & my royal brother.“

Father - “I'll make a call after I check on the army. Impress me with your hard work, my precious."

Hehe…. I'm pretty confident in my ability. Just you wait, father.