Chapter 17

When Bethany and her father were home, there was a knock on the front door. Bethany saw her mother walk towards the door and opened it, only to reveal Jacob and Giles.

"Hi, Mrs Stevens. Is Bethany home?" Jacob asked. "She is. Please come inside." When they walked into the house, they saw her on the sofa. They greeted her and she greeted them back.

"Hi guys." "Hi," they greeted back. "We thought we'd drop by to see how you are." "I'm fine." "We wanted to come and talk to give you company." "Thanks. Jacob, how are things with you and your mum?" "We're fine. She talked about my father yesterday and I told her I didn't want to hear it. She understood why I didn't want to talk about him." "I don't blame either of you. What he did to you was wrong. The only thing we care about, is that you are safe."

Jacob held Bethany's hand and she looked to their hands. They looked to each other and she smiled at him. Giles watched his friends when he suddenly felt jealous. He then began to speak. "I hate to interrupt, but I want to say something." They looked to their friend and they let him speak.

"I love Bethany, Jacob." Bethany was confused and Jacob began to feel angry. "We're all friends, but I love her Jacob." "I know we're friends, but I loved her the moment I saw her." "I've only just began to develop feelings for her. I thought I'd let you know." Jacob felt his wolf becoming angry with his friend, but it wasn't intention to anger or upset him. "We'll figure something out between us. We want to remain friends."

The three friends then talked to try and compromise. "Giles, there are things I haven't told you and I still can't tell you for personal reasons." "Just tell me. We tell each other everything." "I can't." "I get it. I also have a secret I've been keeping from you, but since you just said that. I want to tell you." They nodded and Giles said, "my parents are getting a divorce."

Jacob and Bethany were shocked. "Giles," Bethany began. "I'm so sorry." "Thank you." The two friends gave him a hug and told him that they would be there for him when he needed them.

Bethany then looked to the door to see her mother. "Giles, can I talk to you?" He nodded and followed her out of the room and downstairs to the living room.

"My husband knows that Bethany loves Jacob, but as a friend. But now, I think that she's feeling like she wants to be more than friends." "I've been getting that feeling. I just wanted to let them know that I've began to develop feelings for her. I'm going to make things right and just be friends with her. I don't want her to feel bad and I don't want to end the friendship that we have together." "I understand."

Bethany and Jacob then heard Giles return to the room and it fell eerily silent. "I'm sorry about earlier. I hope it doesn't mean a change in our friendship." "Of course not," Jacob replied. They then talked things out and said that nothing was changed. They would remain friends no matter what.

After many hours, Jacob and Giles returned home and Bethany said goodnight to her parents when her father watched her go upstairs when the front door suddenly opened.

"Sorry I'm late." It was Steve. "George had me for dinner." "That's fine son. How was work?" "It was great. Howard said that my ideas are really helping boost sales and he wants to hear more ideas." He looked to his parents and he saw the proud smile beaming on their faces.

"How was he before he left?" "He's fine. He just wanted to get home to Kira and the pups." "Understandable." He nodded before sitting on the sofa with them. "You just missed Bethany, she went upstairs." "I'll let her get ready for bed and I'll talk to her."

Once Bethany was in bed, Steve knocked on the door and entered. "Hi Bethany. I wanted you to get ready for bed so I didn't interrupt." "Thanks. Where have you been?" "With George. He let me stay at his for dinner." She nodded. "How are the pups?" "They're fine. They're growing up too fast." She then said, "I'd like to ask something." He listened.