Chapter 4

The next morning, George woke up with a headache. Kira faced him and looked at him with concern. "Headache from last night?" "Yeah. I have to get ready for work." "Check on your brother while you're down there. I didn't hear him come back." "Will do." He left the bedroom, went downstairs and walked into the living room to find Steve fast asleep on the sofa.

"Steve," he gently said. "Are you awake?" He didn't reply, so George left him to sleep. He quietly made his way to the kitchen and to the fridge. Steve suddenly woke up and saw that the kitchen door was open. "Guys?" he tiredly asked. George then walked into the room.

"Hey. How did you sleep?" "Really well." "That's great news. Do you want me to get you something to eat?" "No thanks." "Can I talk to you?" "Sure." George sat next to his brother on the sofa once he moved his legs off of the sofa.

"I'm not being cruel or anything, but Kira doesn't trust you." "Why?" "It was when you growled at our pups." "I'm sorry." "You're new to this. You'll get there." There was then a sudden knock on the front door. George stood up and answered the door to find Mike and Jonathan there.

"Hi guys," he greeted. "Hi," Mike greeted back. "Can we come inside?" "Sure." The two brothers walked inside and George stopped them from entering the living room. "Before you go in there, I need to tell you something." They asked what it was and he then told them, "my brother is in there." The two brothers were confused.

"We're confused. We thought you were an only child," Mike calmly said. "My mum and dad told me that when they went to a scan when I didn't arrive in the third month, the doctor found out that they were having twins. My mum gave him away because he was bad."

Mike and Jonathan wanted to meet their possible new friend. "How is he doing?" "Really well. I just went for a walk and his clothes were black from the smoke. He saved those people from the burning building. Everyone thought it was me and it was just a shock to see how much he looks like me."

They were at the living room door when George suddenly said, "please be nice. I want him to have friends, and I hope you guys can get along." The two brothers nodded and followed George inside. The two brothers saw their friends' brother and saw how much they looked alike.

"George?" Steve asked when he saw his brother enter the room. "Hi Steve. I'd like you to meet my friends, Mike and Jonathan." "It's nice to meet you." Steve then looked to the floor. "We saw what you did on the news," Jonathan spoke. "That's pretty brave." "Thanks," he eventually spoke.

The three spoke while George began to get ready for work. "So, Steve," Mike spoke. "How have you been?" "Fine, I guess. I..." he trailed off. "What is it?" "I shifted twice." "You never shifted until recently?" He shook his head. "How did you feel?" "I felt a lot of pain. I'll get there I guess." "Of course, you will. George took a little while to adjust, but you'll get there." "I hope so."

Kira then walked downstairs with her dressing gown on as she tightly wrapped it around her waist. She then walked into the living room to find her two friends with her brother in law. "Guys?" "Kira," Steve said as soon as he saw her enter the room. "This is a nice surprise." "Yeah. We thought we'd come and visit you both and we just saw your new brother in law." "I know. It was a shock to me as well."

Mike and Jonathan talked to Steve and Kira sat on the sofa with her brother in law.

George walked downstairs five minutes later and walked into the living room. "I'm off to work." Kira hugged him and he looked at his brother. "Keep her safe for me." "I will bro. You can count on me." George then released his mate and held her stomach. "Daddy will be back soon. Daddy loves you both so much." He kissed her stomach; told his mate and his brother he'd call on his break and left to go to work.