No Escape

💖Lola's POV💖

"Help us"

It's barely a whisper.

"Lola, can you hear us?"
"Lola"
"Lola"
"LOLA"

I slam awake

"Em!" I scream "Ash!"
"What's up Lola?! What's happened? What about them? Are they okay?"

I rush out of the cave
I needed air
I felt beads of sweat running down my face and dampening my hair
I felt dizzy, as if my whole world was spinning. I was going to throw up.
My legs started to shake and I collapsed to the ground.

Em and Ash were in trouble

I let them go

I. Let them go.

Me.

If anything happened to them it would be my fault

What was I going to do

Dougie was first to get to me

"Lola" he soothed, "are you okay? What's wrong?" And he rubbed his hand along my back

"Get off me!" I cried "GET OFF ME"

He fell back onto his knees, startled in surprise at my sudden outburst.

"You're meant to love Ashleigh.

Why is everything so messed up!" I practically scream.

"Everybody keeping all these secrets and not liking the people they are supposed to, making up all kinds of crap so nobody knows how they really feel." I fall to the ground again and run my hands through my knotted hair.

"I couldn't agree more!" Peeta laughed.

Of course

Perfect timing for him to regain consciousness

"Do you want me to spell it all out to save the awkwardness of it all?"

I finally understood the metaphor, the silence was deafening. This awkward silence really was deafening and nobody even had to say "well this is awkward" to make it awkward.

"Tom's still in love with Em but Em no longer feels like she can love him after all Gary made him do, and Ashleigh is in love with Tom but he didn't know that until now as he just believed her to be under the curse just like him and she was. For a bit of it. And then we come to the perfect couple, Harry loves Lola and Lola loves Harry but now if my source is correct which I'm pretty sure it is, Dougie has also started to fall in love with Lola despite his underlying feelings for Ash and now Harry hates his brother as well as his best friend for being helplessly in love with his girl."

He smiled as if he has achieved some great accomplishment.

I didn't understand half of what he just said, although he had confirmed my suspicions about Dougie.

What did he mean his brother being "helplessly in love with his girl?" What girl? Me?

"Dougie?" Harry paused "is it true?"
I couldn't bare to look at either of them, I could already feel the pain resonating deep within them both without even trying to extend my power.

"I.." Dougie trailed off. there was no point in defending himself knowing I could read his thoughts and with such strong emotions I wouldn't even have to try.

"I'm sorry" he thought and so I eventually willed myself to look up at him. Tears hung in the edge of his eye as his hair drooped loosely in front of the other blocking his vision. He dropped eye contact to look at the floor as a tear joined his line of sight