The beginning of the End

💖 Lola's POV💖

I train for 16 hours a day for the next 7 days. It's very intense and I'm exhausted but I think eventually my hard work has paid off. I'm now able to compete in a fair fight against Helix and my power has grown beyond comprehension. I'm now able to control the minds of others, tell them what to think, how to act and how to feel, all with one simple thought. Something I didn't even believe to be possible.

I've pushed myself further than I ever thought I could and I have exceeded everybody's expectations.

I still have not seen Ash and Em and although this makes me extremely unhappy, Helix assures me its for the best. I can see them when my training is done and it would need to be soon. The war was coming and I still had to pass my final test. Only then could I see my friends. The rebels are becoming bold now, a group was captured only 3 days ago whilst trying to capture Em and Ash and take them away from me. Tomorrow I face my final test. Helix says I will have to put on a good show as Gary shall be watching.

I have not seen Gary since the first day, but I have now become accustomed to his presence. Sometimes whilst I am training, I feel his eyes on me, watching me, studying my skills. But whenever I turn to look at him, he is gone. I wonder what he will have planned for me in this war.

I go to bed that night, satisfied with my work. Tomorrow I would past my test with ease, I was ready for it. And then I could finally see Ash and Em. I could not protect them properly whilst they were locked away. At least they were in comfort, and not confined to a cell. As soon as I had started training I demanded they be removed from the cell and housed here as guests, under no threat. Helix complied, it was the easiest yes he said to me. I am a strong ally for them, they have done well to meet my needs.

I fall asleep quickly and dream of tomorrow. I can't wait to see them again, I hope they are okay.

💖 Em's POV 💖

"Let go of me you prick!" I spit at the guard who has just released me from my chains and is trying to pick me up and throw me on his shoulder, just like Prick 1 did with Ash. I will not be man handled like some common thief. There is no point in trying to use our powers to escape, they have put these weird bracelets on us both the moment we got there that prevent us from using our powers.

Then I start to panic as I am blindfolded.
Eventually after 5 minutes or so and I hear ash whimpering beside me. I reach out and grab her hand, giving it a tight reassuring squeeze.

"If you're going to kill us, make it quick." I say in a single monotone voice. Luckily my voice does not quiver so keeps my frantic heart a secret. I was not ready to die. Where was Lola? What had happened to her? Surely she was going to come and get us, yes, I knew she would not rest until she had found us. She would go to the ends of the earth for us because that is what love is. I still had so much to say to her, I wasn't ready yet. And what about Tom? Boy was there a lot I still wanted to say to him.

Things were complicated to say the least. It was hard because I could see it when I looked into his eyes, how much he cared, it was as plain as day. But it is always accompanied by the flashback of his eyes when he was under possession. I know that it wasn't the real him, but the pain I felt was quite real. I remember how it felt to be under the influence, and I know I cannot blame him and I don't, but it's just difficult not to associate him with painful emotions and memories.

And Ash, how could I be with him when she liked him? It would crush her, and I could not do that to somebody who had always been there for me. Chicks before dicks. I would just have to explain it to Tom when they come to rescue us and we return home safely.