Powerful

💖Lola's POV💖

As I reach the bottom of the ladder I stop and take one last look at him.

He's on the floor grasping at his chest

That is my doing

He is feeling what I am feeling thanks to my new found curse. I don't even have to try this time, I feel it pouring out of every fibre of my skin.

My dad always warned me against falling in love but I never listened. I was a Disney girl and that meant when you fell in love, it was forever no matter what happened.

But this is not Disney. This is life and it was in this moment I realised that I should have listened to my Dad a long time ago.

That was how I left him. On the floor. Screaming. I ran past the others who had turned around looking at the entrance from which I had emerged, on high alert after Harry's scream. Dougie and Tom also fall to the floor but Peeta remains standing and I stop. He clutched his chest and his knees bend a little but he remains upright, looking me directly into his eyes making me shake all over at his gaze. My heart tugs for a second.

And then I run. Feet thudding into the ground, hair whipping behind me, I never knew I could go so fast and so far without looking back, but I did. I ran for what felt like hours and eventually I stopped when I reached a small pond, a lot like the wishing lake but different. I could sense it's magic. It was the middle of the night yet I could see everything, all of the plants and trees had lit up in various shades of pastels, the greens blues and pinks all mixing to form a wonderful disco effect.

This jabbing pain that I was suffering, and was still managing to function, had  crippled 3 grown men. Now it had turned into a constant ache making it hard for me to breathe. I think of Peeta.

He had not fallen when the others had, why not? It was only then I could truly understand why Peeta was the way he is. This is how he must have felt after Rebecca died in his arms and he lost his one true love. He did not despair and crumble and my pain because he had felt it before and survived it.

That meant I could too.

I fall onto my hands and knees as I concentrate on each breath, closing my eyes.

Eventually my lung function returns and I open my eyes and stare at my reflection in the water that is as clear as glass. Turquoise plants illuminate the edge of the pool allowing me to see it all clearly.

I stared at myself, but I could barely see any remnants of the girl I was when I first got here

What was I thinking

Harry was right, how could I expect it to work? Eventually I would have to go home. Despite the name of the game, this had reached the far limits of the boundaries of what was classed as a game.

I had almost died more than once. Really died. And for what?

Harry did love me now and I knew that, but he was right. We are from 2 separate universes, there is no way in any different form of our lives we could ever be together.

I was the chosen one.

Em was the chosen one

Ash was the chosen one

Although back home we were just normal people, here we had a job to do, and that comes with the responsibility of hundreds of lives. We have to win the war.

The war that Gary was planning to pursue in less than 1 month and we have no Resistance to fight back with.

And I was alone.