Chapter 13 Truth

“It’s too crazy, how can Shao Hang let a rookie compete? It’s too… Jian Chi, Jian Chi? Where are you going?”

Jian Chi didn’t care to explain to Zhang Yang that the advantage of the front row allowed him to approach Ji Huaisi very quickly. After waiting for him to communicate with others, he asked, “Will something happen to Bai Xiyu?”

“Jian Chi, why did you come down?” Ji Huaisi turned around, seriousness and the ability to pacify a person in his eyes, “Someone will come to rescue him soon, and he will not have an accident, I guarantee you.”

The word ‘guarantee’ somehow calmed the restlessness in Jian Chi’s heart. He didn’t dare to look at Bai Xiyu, and turned his eyes to Shao Hang, who was still unmoving.

Shao Hang was also watching him, maintaining the same posture since just now, his eyes like torches.

Why was he looking at him? Why was he not rescuing Bai Xiyu? Why didn’t things go the way he dreamed? Jian Chi had too many questions that sunk deep in his mind.

With the help of rescuers, the horse finally stopped being cranky.

Bai Xiyu was helped off the horse, his face was whiter than paper. He swept around in shock, and when he saw Jian Chi, tears welled up in his eyes.

“I thought I was really going to die this time… Jian Chi, I’m so scared…”

Jian Chi couldn’t tell what complicated feeling in his heart was. He didn’t push away Bai Xiyu, who was hugging him, and finally patted his back with a hand that had nowhere to be placed, “It’s alright.”

Wetness came from his shoulders. Bai Xiyu choked with tears and couldn’t help trembling in Jian Chi’s arms. Someone brought a stretcher from the infirmary, Ji Huaisi waited for Bai Xiyu’s mood to gradually stabilize, pulled him off Jian Chi, and said warmly, “You were shocked just now. Although you were not injured, you should still go to the doctor to have a look. Can you go by yourself?”

Bai Xiyu shook her head, his eyes wet with tears. He was more pitifully fragile than usual, “I, my legs are a little soft.”

“They can escort you there, the infirmary is close to here. You’ll be fine. Relax, take a deep breath. Feel better?”

Ji Huaisi’s soothing had an excellent effect. Bai Xiyu’s tears gradually stopped, and he sat on a stretcher with the help of others. Jian Chi stood there, not sure whether to follow or leave. Ji Huaisi said at this moment, “Jian Chi, do you want to come together?”

“I won’t be of much help.”

Ji Huaisi smiled: “He trusts you, that’s enough.”

After a while, Jian Chi lifted his heels up.

The deserted infirmary became crowded with Bai Xiyu’s appearance. After checking his body, Qin Zhao asked a few questions, then came out and said to Ji Huaisi: “There is no skin trauma, but he is very frightened and emotionally unstable. I can prescribe a tranquilizer and let him sleep here for a while.”

Ji Huaisi nodded: “I’m sorry to have troubled you.”

The members of the student union who came to help left one after another. Before leaving, Ji Huaisi gave them steps to deal with the follow-up tasks.

When he spoke to the members, his tone was calm and soothing, but his aura revealed irresistible strength and calmness. Every matter was clearly organized. It was hard for Jian Chi to imagine that when he was handling the scene, requesting for rescue, or even comforting Bai Xiyu, at the same time, he had already thought up the follow-up solution.