Chapter 44 Fragile

“Jian Chi, the New Year’s Ball is coming soon.”

Before the group homework was completed, Zhang Yang slumped on the table and was lazy, sharing the gossip that filled his stomach, “Are you going to attend? The ball will be very lively, you will definitely like it.”

Jian Chi didn’t stop tapping his fingers on the keyboard, and asked without looking up, “New Year’s Eve Ball?”

“Saintston has a New Year’s Eve ball with McCurry Girls’ School every year. It’s a good time to meet new friends.”

Zhang Yang winked and smiled, obviously this ‘new friend’ meant more than just the word “friend”. “Someone posted a discussion on HS a month ago, I guess they all want to meet a marriage partner who catches their eyes. These guys staying in a monk temple for so long, everyone must be holding back their big moves.”

“You have to choose a marriage partner this early?”

“It’s not too early, my dad asked me this question before, but our family is not a big family, so he has no requirements for my choice,” Zhang Yang leaned over and sighed, “but staying here, what options are there? I forget what it’s like to talk to girls when I see a bunch of guys every day.”

Jian Chi smiled, “There are not many days left until New Year’s Eve, you will soon be able to relive the feeling of talking to a girl.”

“I hope so. I have met a few girls at the dance party in the past two years, but there is no follow-up in chatting. Jian Chi, I don’t seem to have heard you mention your relationship history,” Zhang Yang said with a smile then bumping Jian Chi’s arm gently, “Have you ever liked any girl?”

The hand of typing slowly stopped, Jian Chi didn’t think about life as Yun Cheng for a long time, as if everything happened yesterday.

The word ‘like’ doesn’t have any deep meaning to him, let alone a specific person, but when he was a freshman in high school, he had a hazy affection for a girl in his class, who had long hair. With a long ponytail, she was graceful and quiet. She was gentle no matter who she spoke to, even the loner Jian Chi was no exception. However, Jian Chi later found out that he had no so-called impulse or adoration for that girl. This kind of feeling was just a yearning for beautiful things and people. Until now, it was difficult for him to distinguish the boundary between good feelings and liking.

This has never been a necessity for Jian Chi, and there was nothing difficult to explain, but when Zhang Yang asked, he naturally thought about it and shook his head, “No. I’ll share the document with you and I’m done.”

“Really? You wouldn’t… eh? Have you written it all?” Zhang Yang rubbed his head embarrassingly, “Why do I feel like I haven’t done anything? It would be nice if Wen Chuan came. I don’t understand anything, so I can’t help you.”

Wen Chuan took a day off, and Jian Chi sent him a message in the morning asking if he needed him to send him his notes, but he had not received a reply yet. This was obviously a bit out of the norm. Jian Chi was struggling to decide whether to make a phone call during his lunch break. If something happened to Wen Chuan alone in the dormitory, it may be difficult for anyone to find out.

Before the call was made, Wen Chuan’s message came back after class: Thank you for your notes.

Jian Chi stopped and asked: is your body okay?

W: It’s fine.

W: Didn’t sleep well last night.

Looking at this line of words, Jian Chi did not continue to ask, and glanced at the time on the screen: Then have a good rest in the afternoon, have you eaten lunch?