Chapter 30 Undercurrent

“I’ll come,” Jian Chi said, regaining his senses, “I’m also a member of the swimming class.”

If Jian Chi remembered correctly, Thursday was the swimming competition that Gao Yan mentioned. Wen Chuan’s reaction after hearing this answer was not enthusiastic, and he gave a nonchalant ‘en’, as if he was just asking casually.

Half the class had passed and Jian Chi could still feel the eyes focused on his back. After thinking about it, it was impossible for Zhang Yang who was forced to change seats, so he lowered his voice euphemistically: “Bai Shuyun seems to be looking at you this entire time.”

“He’s annoying,” Wen Chuan said with a hint of impatience in his voice, “don’t pay attention to him.”

Jian Chi was stunned for a moment, and then reacted after. After Wen Chuan was acknowledged, he should have met with the Bai family. The upper class in Chuanlin was not big or small, and most of them had business dealings with each other. Jian Chi couldn’t help think, does Wen Chuan know Bai Xiyu’s true identity? If he knew from the beginning, his indifference to Bai Xiyu also seemed to be explained.

But these were Jian Chi’s guesses. The descriptions in the book become extraordinarily one-sided in comparison with reality. From the perspective of the protagonist Bai Xiyu, everything had been put in a beautifying filter. However, stripping this layer of perspective, not everything can be explained so one-sidedly and simply.

After class, Jian Chi picked up the books on the table, and Bai Shuyun walked behind him at some point, and said with a smile, “Wen Chuan, long time no see, why did you ignore me when I greeted you just now?”

At this time, Bai Shuyun lost the closeness he had when facing Shao Hang, and there was a shallow smile on his small face, as if he really couldn’t understand Wen Chuan’s indifference. Jian Chi noticed that many people were looking over. Wen Chuan picked up the textbook without looking at it, got up and left.

“Uncle Fu has something to tell you, but I can’t get in touch with you,” Bai Shuyun stopped him, “Wen Chuan, things at home can’t be ignored casually. Before I came, I went to your house with my brother to walk around, and I happened to meet him. Big Brother Fu, he said…”

“Are you finished?”

Wen Chuan’s eyes seemed to be filled with cold sharp knives, especially when he heard the words ‘Big Brother Fu’. His disgust was so thick that it almost overflowed. For the first time, Jian Chi realized that Wen Chuan’s eyes from before were nothing at all. When he was really angry, just standing there would make people tremble from their heart.

The smile on Bai Shuyun’s face faded and he looked at Wen Chuan’s back with inexplicable meaning, his tone filled with dissatisfaction: “I just wanted to tell you with good intentions.”

Jian Chi, who was sitting in the seat, didn’t have time to look back and was caught off guard when he met Bai Shuyun, who turned around. A smile burst into his eyes, as if he had forgotten his initial ignoring of him. After approaching, he resumed his close tone: “Jian Chi, do you know Wen Chuan too?”

The word ‘know’ was a bit difficult to define. Jian Chi hesitated for two seconds and nodded without saying anything.

“His temper is really hard to handle. It’s better to be careful with him. Uncle Fu and Big Brother Fu can’t handle him. I really don’t know who can make him obedient in the future.”

After Bai Shuyun complained, he suddenly remembered something, and blinked his eyes curiously: “But Jian Chi, it turns out that you, Ah Hang and Wen Chuan are friends. I have never seen a special enrollment like you appear around them.”