Chapter 7 Butterfly

Jian Chi seemed to have had a long dream. His soul was lifted up by an unknown force and separated from his body. He saw himself in a trance, the silent bedroom, and many intertwined pictures flashed back, frame by frame blurry.

“Jian Chi, Jian Chi?”

Jian Chi regained his senses. Zhang Yang glanced at Yang Zheng on the stage, leaned over and asked in a low voice, “Did you not sleep well last night?”

“A little bit of insomnia.”

“It must be that you were studying too hard,” Zhang Yang reminded with experience, “Social activities are the best time to catch up on sleep, and closing your eyes now risks being caught by Brother Zheng.”

Jian Chi smiled and was about to answer when Yang Zheng on the stage knocked on the table, his beard trembled with his loud voice, “Zhang Yang, tell me which principles were used in this experiment?”

Zhang Yang raised his face, stood up dawdlingly, and hesitated for a long time without being able to say why. Jian Chi lowered his voice and reported the answer. Before Zhang Yang could copy the answer, Yang Zheng waved his hand, “Sit down, don’t disturb other students in class next time, and don’t bother others to answer for you.”

“Understood Mr. Yang.” Fortunately, Zhang Yang had a thick skin. After sitting down with a grin, he turned around and winked at Jian Chi for a while, and said “Thank you, brother”.

Jian Chi replied ‘no problem’ when something flashed in his mind. He quietly turned his head in the midst of the lecture. Sure enough, the place belonging to Wen Chuan was empty.

Maybe that strange dream last night was because of an accidental encounter with Wen Chuan, who was leaving school – although this was not a seamless explanation, it still made Jian Chi reluctantly stabilize his mind and did not continue to doze off.

After class, Jian Chi and Zhang Yang walked to the classroom of the next class together. He hesitated for a moment, then finally asked the question he had been thinking about for a long time last night: “Does the school allow students to leave the school alone?”

Zhang Yang’s eyes widened, and he almost forgot to leave, “Leaving the school? This is a hassle. You have to get approval from the Student Union first, then go to the Academic Affairs Office to get the application form, then the school will also contact your off-campus family…..it’s basically very troublesome.”

Jian Chi nodded clearly, and at the same time the confusion in his heart was expanding a little bit. He was not sure whether Zhang Yang knew about Wen Chuan. If he was the only one who saw it, speaking out would be equivalent to exposing him.

Although he believed that Zhang Yang would not talk nonsense everywhere, since Wen Chuan chose to leave quietly in the middle of the night, he must not want too many people to know about it.

“Why are you asking this?” Zhang Yang was still struggling with this question, “Is something wrong?”

“No, just asking.” Jian Chi stopped and smiled at him, “I’m at the classroom, see you in the cafeteria.”

“Okay, see you later.”

The biggest thing that Jian Chi liked with being friends with Zhang Yang is that although he gossips, he knows his propriety.

Saintston’s Monday and Friday at 3:00 p.m. were students’ sports time. According to the regulations, each student must choose two sports.

Jian Chi filled in swimming and fencing. Yuncheng was close to the sea. He and Jian Chengchao went to the sea to swim at a very young age, so he knew how to swim. As for fencing, it seemed like the sport that was relaxing and easy from the rest of the hard to choose sports.