Chapter 46 Suit

On Sunday morning, Jian Chi thought that Ji Huaisi would leave early like last time. The driver of the car parked at the school gate opened the door ahead of time. Ji Huaisi, who was sitting in the back seat, was wearing regular clothes with a book on his lap. When he heard the movement of Jian Chi coming over, he raised his eyes and smiled slightly at him.

“Good morning, Jian Chi.”

Jian Chi felt a little nervous for no reason. He bent down and sat in the back seat, then remembered and replied, “Good morning.”

“Have you had breakfast yet?” Ji Huaisi closed the book in his hand and put it aside, “I have some food in the car, I didn’t have time to eat breakfast, do you want to join me?”

Jian Chi originally wanted to buy breakfast in advance, but when he went early, the cafeteria hadn’t opened yet, so he nodded when he heard Ji Huaisi’s words. Ji Huaisi pressed the button in the car, and the car refrigerator in the middle opened automatically, with milk and a few small cakes in it. Jian Chi had seen similar scenes on TV, where there were often wine bottles, but he thought the milk looked more suitable than wine bottles.

The car drove very smoothly. Jian Chi, who was sitting in the back row, dug a spoonful of cake, as if sitting on an ordinary seat, not feeling the movement of the tires at all. He looked at the same woods as when he came here, the branches and leaves were no longer lush.

Winter was here, and this was the first time Jian Chi had spent winter in Chuanlin. Yuncheng was warm in all seasons, and winter was unbelievably mild. Chuanlin didn’t have such a good temperament. In the past few days, when he woke up in the morning, he would shiver, but fortunately, the autumn and winter school uniforms were warmer than they looked.

“I don’t know if it will snow this winter.” Ji Huaisi seemed to be able to read Jian Chi’s thoughts, and a soft voice came from the side. Jian Chi regained his senses and looked away from the window, which made him feel a little rude. He was sitting in Ji Huaisi’s car, but his attention was always on the outside.

“I heard that it often snows in Chuanlin,” Jian Chi continued. “It should also snow this year.”

“Maybe, but when it snows, it’s already the holidays and there’s no way to enjoy the snow at school.”

Ji Huaisi had some faint regrets. Jian Chi didn’t know where this regret comes from. Wouldn’t it be better to watch the snow at home with his relatives? The scenery outside the window gradually changed from an uninhabited forest to a bustling urban area. On the weekends, the city center of Chuanlin was bustling. There were rows upon rows of high-rise buildings and the light signs advertising luxury accessories were the most conspicuous representatives. Jian Chi thought that their destination should be coming soon, but the car still drove forward smoothly until the tall buildings just now were no longer visible.

Jian Chi felt a little strange. When he wanted to ask, he felt that it was too direct and impolite. So he waited for the car to continue driving for half an hour, then when a few-person-high fountain sculptures were reflected outside the window, the iron gates in front of them slowly opened to both sides. Looking at the green plants on both sides of the driveway and the villa-style buildings in front, Jian Chi finally noticed something was wrong.

“Where are we going?”

Ji Huaisi tilted his head and smiled at him, “My house.”

The moment he heard these two words, Jian Chi suspected he had a hallucination. He replayed the conversation in his mind several times, only to be sure that Ji Huaisi was really talking about ‘his house’.

Didn’t he say he was choosing a suit? Shouldn’t he go to the malls and stores first?

Isn’t such a step too unreasonable?