Chapter 40 Card

Zhang Yang applied for an independent study room in the library. The environment was quieter, and there was a long table for four people to study. He and Jian Chi chatted for a while between turning on the computer, and eventually only the keyboard and rustling of strokes across the paper was left.

Jian Chi rubbed his sore eyes that had been staring at the screen for a long time, and saw Zhang Yang’s miserable face on the opposite side. His finger on the mouse did not move for a long time, then he asked, “Have you encountered a problem?”

“I can’t see which ionic equation is wrong,” Zhang Yang hurriedly moved the computer and the chair over, pointing to the fourth-to-last multiple-choice question, “Isn’t it all correct?”

Jian Chi glanced, “Look at C, the hydrolysis equation of sodium bisulfite is wrong, it should be…”

After spending five minutes answering the two multiple-choice questions, Zhang Yang’s expression was still one of half-understanding. Embarrassed to continue asking, he went to the computer and researched it on his own. Jian Chi was now able to face Zhang Yang’s various strange questions calmly. Once, he spent two hours explaining a big topic to Zhang Yang. After talking too much, Zhang Yang still confusedly pointed out: “Why do you have to use this formula?”

Jian Chi once asked Zhang Yang why he chose chemistry. Zhang Yang believed that compared with other courses where he had no foundation at all, for chemistry, he could at least get a few questions right, and every time he took the exam, he would be stable at the bottom of the list. Wen Chuan’s grades were a little better than Zhang Yang’s, just a little bit. Once, Jian Chi accidentally saw the exam paper he was handed back, which was a few multiple-choice questions away from the passing score.

The textbook was pushed from over from the side, with Wen Chuan’s deep voice breaking into his ears: “I can’t understand the fifth question.”

Jian Chi just happened to be about to review the book. He took the book and read it for a while, then slowed down and explained it. After speaking, he looked at Wen Chuan, “Do you understand?”

Wen Chuan’s head was a little close, and he could smell his faint scent on his body. It wasn’t a pungent perfume or a floral scent, but the simplest and most common smell of laundry soap. The light in his eyes flickered indistinctly, he nodded, “Understood.”

Jian Chi didn’t fully believe this sentence. At the beginning, Zhang Yang also said ‘understood’ for every question, but he still couldn’t solve it when he encountered it again. Wen Chuan took back the book and lowered his head to solve it. His profile looked serious. After a few minutes, he put down the pen and silently pushed the book in Jian Chi’s direction, “Is this right?”

The black handwriting was clean and neat, and the boring problem-solving process looked more smooth. Jian Chi unexpectedly scanned the process and the answer and nodded, “Yes, you understand everything?”

“You explained it very clearly.”

Jian Chi knew that even if he explained it clearly, it was Wen Chuan’s own understanding that made him solve it. He turned over the previous page of the textbook, and the question on it was even cleaner than Wen Chuan’s face. The question just now was the only question in the book for which the answer was written.

“You didn’t write the ones before?”

“No time.”

Jian Chi couldn’t help thinking of his part-time job every night, and pursed his lips and couldn’t express his feelings, “Have you not reviewed before every exam?”

Wen Chuan lowered his eyes and said lightly, “I have something to do at night, so I don’t have time to review.”

He did not review but did better than Zhang Yang who vomited blood after reviewing again and again? Jian Chi didn’t know whether to feel sorry for Zhang Yang first or admire Wen Chuan.