Chapter 38: Shānti

AIAH'S POV

Isn't it amazing

How almost every line on our hands align

When your hand's in mine

It's like I'm whole again

Isn't that a sign?

I should speak my mind

I've said those words before, but it was a lie
And you deserve to hear them a thousand times

If all it is is eight letters

Why is it so hard to say?

If all it is is eight letters

Why am I in my own way?

Why do I pull you close

And then ask you for space

If all it is is eight letters

Why is it so hard to say? (Woah, oh, yeah)

I froze on the spot while watching Mikha recording her voice in the studio as the realization started to hit me.

Her surname is Lim.

She came from the States, like Colet, Jhoanna, and Gwen, who are part of the highest ranks of business tycoons around the world, pero Lim ang mga nangunguna-same surname as Mikha.

Her voice... the first time I heard it noong birthday ni Colet, it was familiar, pero I couldn't pinpoint kung saan ko narinig.

She's recording her voice in Jhoanna, Colet, and Gwen's band's studio.

Then I remembered the mysterious "Red Girl" I met in America while Mikha was also there, attending the birthday celebration of John Lim's mother.

At kinabukasan, nagtanong si Mikha kung anong magandang kulay ng buhok niya.

The scene where I found it weird how both Gwen and Colet knew Mikha's condominium address when they weren't even that close.

That one time at the beach when Mikha talked about how cruel her life was-the responsibility that I thought was just an excuse.

Noong muntikan na akong masagasaan, even though I was in a state of shock, I saw how Mikha's expression changed at may sinenyasan siya.

When Jhoanna spoke about Mikha, it was like she'd known her for a long time.

And then, when Mikha suddenly appeared at Colet, Gwen, and Jhoanna's mansion and went straight upstairs like she knew the place well, kung hindi ko pa siya tinawag.

Mikha Lim...

S-she's the... the hidden heir?

The daughter of Mryla and John Lim?

The powerful family?

Sumikip ang dibdib ko at medyo sumasakit ang ulo ko sa mga realization ko ngayon.

"It's okay, Ate Aiah, try to process everything muna before you talk to her." sabi ni Jhoanna, na ikinagulat ko.

Paglingon ko, nakita kong nasa tabi ko na siya, nakatago rin habang pinapanood si Mikha na nagrerecord pa rin ng kanta.

Tahimik akong tumango, pero hindi ko mapigilan ang kaba at gulo ng isip ko.

"Paalisin muna natin siya bago tayo lumabas, baka makahalata eh paktay talaga ako." she added nervously while pouting.