19 : the truth about armaan

𝜗𝜚⋆₊˚HAMDAN'S POV :

𝜗𝜚⋆˚HAMDAN'S POV :

My mind replays the moment when Rania confessed what she did two years ago in front of someone—someone who isn't me.

Her brother, because Armaan plays a huge role in his life; he has blamed himself for Armaan's death all his life. He should know.

But I don't want Rania to confess her crime because what if Rayyan hates my angel?

I tried to make excuses, thinking maybe Rania was just saying it for him to move on from the past. I said things like this to Rayyan, but he told me that Rania would never do that, especially after all these years.

He said he wants to talk to her about what she said before passing out.

Right now, Rayyan, Sehmat, and I are in Rania's room, waiting for her to wake up.

"Should I get you both something to drink?" Sehmat asks, and Rayyan nods.

My gaze doesn't leave Rania's unconscious body resting on the bed. I stare at her while ruminating about what will happen next.

That's when she moves, making Rayyan and me rush to check on her. "Are you okay?" we both ask in sync, causing Rayyan to stare at me with a frown, which makes me smile awkwardly.

"Yes, I am. What happened to me?" she asks, pressing her head as she tries to recall, while Rayyan and I stare at her blankly.

She didn't reply for a while, her whole body stiffening while Rayyan and I waited patiently.

"Oh yes! I was telling you, you didn't kill Armaan. You don't have to drown in guilt. It was me who killed him," she confessed, making Rayyan's eyes darken as he sat on the bed to hear more.

I stared at her, indicating for her not to speak further, but she ignored me.

"Rayyan, I think she should rest! We will talk about it later," I tried to shut down the subject.

"I don't believe you! He died in the ocean while swimming with me. I saw him close his eyes! Why are you lying to me, Rania? I know you just want me to stop feeling guilty for killing your fiancé and snatching away your happiness," he said, making my eyes widen.

This is going to be dramatic as hell.

I facepalmed myself.

Sehmat joined in and stood beside me.

"You will believe me when I tell you the story," she said, her voice cold and icy.

"We will hear you," Rayyan and Sehmat said in sync, making my jaw drop.

This is not going to be nice.

Sehmat sat beside Rayyan, and I took a seat on one of the chairs beside the bed as Rania began.