Chapter 18

The following night, Vivian arrives at the bar, dressed in a simple yet elegant outfit. The bar is a chic, upscale establishment in the heart of the city, with dim lighting and a warm, inviting atmosphere.

As Vivian approaches the bar, a few heads turn to look at her, admiring her beauty and grace. She takes a seat at a cozy little booth tucked away in a corner, her eyes scanning the surroundings for a sign of Marco.

“He's not here yet,” Vivian says to herself.

Vivian checks the time on her phone and realizes that Marco hasn't arrived yet. She glances around the room, fidgeting slightly as she waits for him to show up.

As Vivian looks around, her eyes fall on Layla flirting with a customer nearby. Layla is leaning against the bar, chatting and laughing with the customer in a friendly manner. The customer seems to be enjoying the attention, hanging on to Layla's every word. Vivian watches the scene with a hint of amusement.

Vivian takes a moment to really study Layla's face and features. She realizes that Layla does share a few similar traits with Marco. It's a striking resemblance, and Vivian can't help but wonder if they are siblings or related in some way.

Layla turns away from the customer and glances in Vivian's direction. She notices Vivian sitting alone in the corner and a hint of recognition flickers in her eyes. Layla says something to the customer before excusing herself and walking over to Vivian.

“Hey, what can I get you?” Layla says.

“Oh, I don't drink, sorry,” Vivian says.

Layla raises an eyebrow at Vivian's answer, intrigued by her choice to not drink. She gives her a friendly smile as she responds.

“No worries. Hm, I can get you something non-alcoholic,” Layla says.

“Sure, that sounds nice,” Vivian says.

Layla nods in acknowledgment and starts to turn away to prepare the drink, but then she stops and glances back at Vivian.

“May I ask your name?” Layla says.

“Vivian,” Vivian says.

Layla nods, committing Vivian's name to memory.

“That's a pretty name. I'm Layla, by the way,” Layla says.

“Nice to meet you,” Vivian says.

Layla grins charmingly, clearly enjoying the conversation.

“Likewise. So what're you doing here all by yourself?” Layla says.

“Oh no, I'm waiting for someone,” Vivian says.

Layla's interest is piqued by Vivian's response. She tilts her head a little, a curious expression on her face.

“Oh, really? A date?” Layla says.

“I guess,” Vivian says.

Layla laughs a little at Vivian's vague answer, clearly amused.

“You guess? Sounds like you're not too sure yourself. Who's the date?” Layla says.

Vivian hesitates for a moment, not quite sure how to answer Layla's question. She's not used to talking about Marco, as their relationship is still relatively new and developing.

“Uh, his name is Marco,” Vivian says.

“What's his last name? I won't tell,” Layla says.

Vivian studies Layla's expression for a moment, searching for any hint of insincerity or deception. But she sees none. Layla seems genuinely curious and friendly.