Chapter 7

The meeting is in progress, with various members discussing topics and presenting reports. Vivian takes notes as they speak, her hand moving quickly across the page. She occasionally glances over at Marco, noticing how he responds and interacts with others in the room.

Vivian releases a soft sigh, feeling the monotony of the meeting starting to set in. The sound is quiet, almost imperceptible to the others in the room, but Marco hears it. His eyes flick to her for a brief moment, noticing the subtle signs of her boredom.

Marco's hand slams against the table, the sharp sound echoing loudly throughout the room. The meeting comes to a sudden halt as everyone's attention snaps towards him. A hush falls over the group, and all eyes are now on Marco.

“Don't start feeling tired, Ms. Choi,” Marco's voice rings out authoritatively, his words aimed at Vivian. He glares at her, his expression stern as he addresses her in front of the others. The room is deathly silent, all eyes still fixed on the two of them.

“I'm sorry, Sir,” Vivian says.

Marco leans forward, his hands planted on the table. His eyes lock onto hers, his gaze intense and dominating.

“You should be paying attention, sweetheart. I don't like having to remind you of that,” Marco says.

Vivian nods.

Marco continues to look at her for a moment longer, studying her expression. Satisfied that she has gotten the message, he then turns back to the rest of the group.

“As I was saying…” Marco continued.

Vivian glances over at Marta, her eyes flickering towards her for just a brief moment. She notices that Marta is looking back at her, their gazes meeting. The eye contact lasts only for a second, before Vivian quickly looks away, her focus returning to the meeting.

Marta glares at Vivian.

Vivian senses the cold, disdainful glare from Marta. She feels a brief pang of discomfort and uncertainty, her confidence slightly shaken by the intensity of the gaze. But she remains professional, maintaining her composure and trying not to let it affect her.

Marta leans back in her chair, her attitude exuding a cool confidence. She looks unfazed by the events unfolding in the room, her gaze lingering on Vivian for a moment before shifting back to the other people at the table.

A few minutes later, the meeting continues, with various members presenting their ideas and opinions. The discussions grow heated at times, but Marco manages to keep the conversation under control. Vivian takes notes throughout, her pen working quickly across the page as she keeps track of the points being made.

Vivian accidentally drops her pen, the pen slipping out of her grasp and falling to the ground. The sound is small but noticeable in the quiet room, drawing Marco's attention.

Marco kicks the pen away from where Vivian dropped it. The pen skitters across the floor, sliding a few feet away. His action seems both authoritative and possessive, as if sending a silent message to her.

Marco grabs another pen from the table and tosses it towards Vivian. The pen sails through the air, landing a few inches away from her. His expression is nonchalant, but the quick motion communicates clearly that he expects her to continue taking notes.

Meanwhile, Ethan is smoking outside the building.

Ethan looks down at the earrings, admiring them for a moment. He then glances up, his gaze wandering to the sky as he smokes his cigarette.

Ethan looks down again at the earrings.

“I gotta give these to her as a thank you,” Ethan says.

Ethan takes another puff from his cigarette, the smoke curling up and disappearing into the air. He looks back down at the earrings, his expression contemplative.