Chapter 26

Marco rolls his eyes and lets out a frustrated sigh. He moves a little way away from Vivian and turns to face Ethan.

“Yes, bad timing. What do you want?” Marco says.

“Someone is here to talk to you,” Ethan says.

Marco raises an eyebrow at Ethan's words. His irritation eases slightly as he feels a flicker of curiosity.

“Who is it?” Marco says.

“I don't know, but it's urgent. That's what they said,” Ethan says.

Marco sighs and gets up from the bed. He looks over at Vivian, then back at Ethan.

“Okay, I'm coming,” Marco says.

He casts a last quick glance at Vivian, silently promising to return soon, then exits the room, following Ethan.

“This way,” Ethan says.

Marco follows Ethan, his mind racing with questions about who could be urgently looking for him. It must be something important if they're here in person.

He keeps his voice low and serious, addressing Ethan as they walk.

“Do you have any idea what this is about?” Marco says.

“I honestly don't know,” Ethan says.

Marco nods, his expression thoughtful. The not knowing is beginning to grate on his nerves. They eventually reach the living room, and Marco's eyes sweep the room, looking for the person who requested to see him.

A few moments later. Whoever requested to see him is still not in sight. Marco's patience is starting to wear thin. He turns to Ethan, his tone slightly irritable.

“Where is the person who's supposed to meet me?” Marco says.

“They're right there,” Ethan says.

Marco quickly looks towards where Ethan is pointing. His eyes widen in shock as he finally sees the person who wanted to see him. His heart pounds in his chest, and the irritation is replaced by a mixture of emotions.

“Oh, who are you?” Marco says.

The man, who had been waiting quietly, turns slowly to face Marco. Their gaze meets, and everything around Marco seems to fade away. The man's voice, when they speak, is soft but strong.

“Hello, Marco. It's been a while,” The man says.

Marco turns to Ethan.

“You can leave,” Marco says.

Ethan nods, sensing the sudden tension in the air. He gives Marco a knowing look before discreetly leaving the living room, leaving Marco and the man alone.

“David Choi…” Marco says.

David smiles slightly, recognizing that Marco remembers him. There's a hint of nostalgia in his eyes as he gazes at Marco.

“I'm surprised you still recognize me,” David says.

“What do you want?” Marco says.

David keeps his composure, his eyes never leaving Marco's.

“I came to talk, Marco. Can we sit?” David says.

“Sure,” Marco says.

Marco motions for David to take a seat. It's strange seeing David again after so many years. He remains calm, but there's a hint of curiosity and wariness in his tone.

“Fine. Talk,” Marco says.

As Ethan passes the door to Marco's room, he might notice the door slightly ajar. The sound of water running from the bathroom can be heard, suggesting that Vivian is taking a shower.